It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User
Apple Vinegar for Acne?

I red an article that celebrities use apple vinegar to rid of acne. Has anyone tried this to rid of back acne?

Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
(female)

desiii HB User
Re: Apple Vinegar for Acne?

Some people find it helpful. It's quite mild, so probably worth a try. The best way to maximize its benefits is to soak your skin in it, and also drink it two to three times/day. Just make about 1/2 cup of hot water, add a little honey, and about 1/4 cup of the apple cider vinegar. This way you're treating your body from the inside and the outside.

The major downside to this stuff is that it stinks (and doesn't taste good either!). But it does have some healing properties in it. If it works, great! If not, you didn't risk anything, and it's not expensive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User

Has anyone tried this?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
(female)

countrygirl85 HB User

I tried it for about 1 week and I drank 3 tablespoons per day but I believe it burned my throat. I got a cold a week after I started taking it and usually I get a sore throat during my cold so I'm not sure if it was the ACV or my cold. Some people swear this works to clear up there acne. It taste really bad even if diluted well with water or juice. I still have some left but I think I will make some salad dressing with it and use it that way.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
(female)

nolovenoglory HB User

i also tried this tuff on my face and it def irritated it, and i also took it internally for months didnt do much except give me a yeast infection and i drank a ton of water during that time period as well.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
(female)

Cathy01 HB User

I use it, ACV, on my face as a toner. Also as a rinse sometimes in hair, softens it and helps to remove mineral build up from hard water. I keep a bottle of this diluted w/water in shower Its works ok for me, may be what will work for you, can't hurt. You need to try it for 3 weeks or so to see if it really works. Some peole have luck using Head and Shoulders shampoo, has zinc, zinc is in alot of OTC acne meds. I came across a OTC stuff on-line that looks just calamine lotion (for bug bites/poison ivy) pulled out bottle....has zinc and no alchohol like the "acne drying lotion". I have used it for about a week on spots/face and seems to be working, maybe try that.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Cathy, I think you have just hit on why my oldest (19) doesn't have back acne and my youngest (16) does. Oldest uses H&S all the time. Youngest uses Pert. I'm going to have him switch and see what happens! As for the ACV, I've tried it, but not long enough to see a result. Can't get past the taste and I really don't like honey either.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
(female)

Cathy01 HB User

Sawbuck, Have him use it as a body wash on back, lather up and let it sit on skin for a bit (minute or 2) before rinsing it off. My son, 17, has a bit of acne on back/chest and I can't get him to do this, really stuburn although he does use it on hair but he takes such quick showers I don't think its getting on back/chest. Cant convince him to try on skin. He doesn't like to bother washing face in AM, except using Stridex pads. I have really gotten down on him to use the aveeno oatmeal soap in AM and after school and it seems to be helping face. (really oily skin and breaking out for a few years)

RE The ACV, alot of people use it as a toner. I dilute it (use organic unfiltered if you can get) I wet a cotton ball and put on a bit of the ACV. I rinse afterward, don't like the residue it leaves.

Closed Thread