It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
(male)

tc4101 HB User
OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Ok guys, i was watching a documentary on Omega-3 fish oil... i think it was called "can fish oil make your child smarter"

it advocated fish oil, made brain grown bigger (as brain was 30% made up of same fat as fish oil), decreased depression, thinning of the blood, less chance of stroke etc etc...

so i started to take it... i am now only on my 2nd week, and to my suprise the biggest change has been my acne outbreaks. My skin has improved at least 100%.

Before i started taking fish oil I didnt even know fish oil was good for acne, but i have since done research and it is a benifit for the skin and acne.

The fish oil i take has EPA and DHA. make sure the bottle says it has that.

a bit about me...

I have been suffering acne for over 15 years. have been on accutane 3 times already. it did work but each time it kept coming back after 6months. I thought i knew everything out there that was to know to help prevent acne.

my skin has never ever been better!!!

i am taking time to write this because i beleive it could help lots of people out there, as it is not well known.

you may not belive me, or doubt that my skin has gotten better, because i have read lots of post about miracle cures myself and have tried them but never has worked for me. most were external creams that attacked the pimple but does not address the reason for it occuring.

i suggest u go out and buy a bottle and try it out, u got nothing to lose, even if the fish oil dont clear up your acne, it still should be part of your diet as most peoples diet lack the suffiecent amounts of omega3.

[removed]

CHEERS

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-19-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: do not instruct members on how to find websites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

erica1213 HB User
Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

What brand of fish oil are you using? Is it capsules or liquid? How much do you take? What amount of EPA and DHA does it have? I've been trying this myself and have read that how much you take and the ratio of EPA to DHA can make a difference. I'll post any results I get. Please let us know if your skin continues to improve.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

sfo_mom HB User
Re: OMG i just dicovered Omega-3 fish oil!!!, the best thing since sliced bread!!!

you're absolutely right!!! fish oil contributes to healthy skin - this supplement is widely used by celebrities. My doctor told me about its benefits too - though I am not consistent taking it everyday, I noticed the change on my skin either - I had major breakouts last spring-summer, it just made my skin healthier and no more cystic pimples. I am using Nature's Made or Nature's Bounty s-you could buy this from walgreens or rite aide or any store -In Walgreens- in some weeks they offer buy one get one free- I always buy the 1200 mg w/ EPA - 432 MG/DHA - 288 MG you could take them one - two tabs daily

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4101 View Post
Ok guys, i was watching a documentary on Omega-3 fish oil... i think it was called "can fish oil make your child smarter"

it advocated fish oil, made brain grown bigger (as brain was 30% made up of same fat as fish oil), decreased depression, thinning of the blood, less chance of stroke etc etc...

so i started to take it... i am now only on my 2nd week, and to my suprise the biggest change has been my acne outbreaks. My skin has improved at least 100%.

Before i started taking fish oil I didnt even know fish oil was good for acne, but i have since done research and it is a benifit for the skin and acne.

The fish oil i take has EPA and DHA. make sure the bottle says it has that.

a bit about me...

I have been suffering acne for over 15 years. have been on accutane 3 times already. it did work but each time it kept coming back after 6months. I thought i knew everything out there that was to know to help prevent acne.

my skin has never ever been better!!!

i am taking time to write this because i beleive it could help lots of people out there, as it is not well known.

you may not belive me, or doubt that my skin has gotten better, because i have read lots of post about miracle cures myself and have tried them but never has worked for me. most were external creams that attacked the pimple but does not address the reason for it occuring.

i suggest u go out and buy a bottle and try it out, u got nothing to lose, even if the fish oil dont clear up your acne, it still should be part of your diet as most peoples diet lack the suffiecent amounts of omega3.

CHEERS

Last edited by mod-anon; 02-19-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
(male)

666 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4101 View Post

Wow. Mine was kinda the opposite. I tried the cod liver oil thing for serveral months and it didnt work. So I went on accutane. 5 months after... it's still good (fingers crossed).

Old 02-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

I notice sam's club sales it, what kind and how much do you take?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #6
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

i wonder if putting fish oil on youre skin would cure acne????????

problem is you would reek of fish though, HA HA HA HA

I do eat a tin of sardines a day though on a serious note, and I think it helped my skin a lot

Old 02-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
(male)

FootballKid19 HB User

hey i was just wondering how long it took you before you saw results? because i started taking it a few days ago and was curious..thanks

Old 02-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
(female)

meruru HB User

I was looking at a few different brands of Omega-3 vitamins, and all the pills are HUGE! Each pill is about one inch long. Are there any brands that have easier to swallow sizes? Thanks

Old 02-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
(male)

guitarplayer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meruru View Post
I was looking at a few different brands of Omega-3 vitamins, and all the pills are HUGE! Each pill is about one inch long. Are there any brands that have easier to swallow sizes? Thanks
I've used the Nature Made and Life Fitness brands of fish oil and the Life Fitness ones are easier to swallow in my opinion. They are 1000mg as opposed to 1200 and they don't have the special coating on them. I haven't seen the pills in less that 1000 mg though but they might be out there. Otherwise there is always flax oil (another source of omega-3) which you can buy in liquid form.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 AM   #10
(male)

beatboxkid HB User

why doesnt every one just eat a tin of sardines a day? they are full of fish oil?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Well.....I suppose that could be an option for sardine lovers....or you could just take a pill...or you could eat fish everyday....or you could just take a pill

Old 03-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #12
(female)

meruru HB User

I just wanted to post an update to this thread. I started taking Omega-3 supplements on Feb 20th after I saw this topic and my skin has been gradually improving since I started taking them. I've had this specific area on my right jawline that has been really breaking out nonstop for the past 2 months and it has FINALLY cleared up. I didn't make any other changes to my diet or skin care regimen. It could just be a coincidence... I guess I'll know for sure if my skin continues to look this way.

I'm only taking 1 soft gel per day even though the bottle recommends 2 gels. I got the one with DHA and EPA.

One unexpected thing I noticed after taking the supplements is that my skin isn't as oily as it used to be .

Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meruru View Post
I just wanted to post an update to this thread. I started taking Omega-3 supplements on Feb 20th after I saw this topic and my skin has been gradually improving since I started taking them. I've had this specific area on my right jawline that has been really breaking out nonstop for the past 2 months and it has FINALLY cleared up. I didn't make any other changes to my diet or skin care regimen. It could just be a coincidence... I guess I'll know for sure if my skin continues to look this way.

I'm only taking 1 soft gel per day even though the bottle recommends 2 gels. I got the one with DHA and EPA.

One unexpected thing I noticed after taking the supplements is that my skin isn't as oily as it used to be .
I have acne on my jawline and neck that won't go away. Also my skin is oily too. Will taking omega-3 supplements help for all of those? Where can I buy them at and what company makes them?

Also is there any side effects from omega-3 supplements?

Last edited by Junior77; 03-08-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior77 View Post
I have acne on my jawline and neck that won't go away. Also my skin is oily too. Will taking omega-3 supplements help for all of those? Where can I buy them at and what company makes them?

Also is there any side effects from omega-3 supplements?
You can buy them anywhere vitamins are sold.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

So will taking this take care of my acne on my jawline? I would really like that. And also does it really take care of oily skin too?

Closed Thread