It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
(female)

airheadtwirler0 HB User
Smoothbeam Laser treatment for acne

I just wanted to share what I have found to be my "cure" for acne. Over the past years I've been on all sorts of medicine...from accutane to 5 or 6 different antibiotics. My skin is just so oily, and with that comes acne. Well, my acne started getting worse a few months ago, and I tried to get my dermatologist to put me back on accutane, but the restrictions on accutane are so strict that they hardly prescribe it to women anymore.
But, I heard about the Smoothbeam Laser. Supposedly, it decreased oil production in the sebacious glands in your skin, and it also helps with acne scars and the overall smoothness of your skin. Well, I've had so far 3 Smoothbeam treatments (at 300$ a treatment..ouch!) and my acne is I'd say 90% gone. I'm off the antibiotics, and I wash my face now with cetaphil cleanser, and use cetaphil moisturizer as well. Smoothbeam has been an absolute godsend for me....my face looks like it did before I started getting acne, which was when i was prolly 12 or something. Anyways, I can't say enough how wonderful the Smoothbeam laser is. I still have 3 treatments left to go, and I can't wait to see how my skin is going to look after the last 3 treatments. If my skin stayed how it is now I would be happy, but they say it will get even better w/ more treatments. If you have any questions about smooth beam send me a message im happy to answer any questions and give advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
(male)

omega47 HB User
Re: Smoothbeam Laser treatment for acne

smoothbeam will not cure bad acne and plus its painful.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
(female)

citylove1101 HB User

wow i'm glad you had a good experience! i used this laser w/ additional ones and all i got from it was the most painful experience of my life

Old 07-24-2007, 03:04 AM   #4
(male)

dugary1234 HB User

Glad to hear another success.I would love to know more- can anyone tell me what 'smooth beam' actually does? how does it decrease oil production in the sebacious glands?. Ive never heard of it.I live in the uk and we have two choices here 'Intense pulsed light' laser which uses yellow, green and infra-red light to kill bacteria in the skin and Microdermabrasion which takes off layers of skin to clear pores and improve skin appearance. They cost about 600 ish ($1200) so i want to get the right one. Which does smooth beam resemble??

Last edited by dugary1234; 07-24-2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: mistake

Closed Thread