It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
(male)

kizmatica HB User
My problems since roaccutane that won't go away :( Please please help.

Hi there, from OCTOBER 2005-JANUARY 2006 I was on roaccutane and experienced the obvious side effects that go with it. Chapped lips, colds, lack of interest in anything, etc etc. But i have now been off roaccutane for over a year, and my life is slowly becoming worse and worse. I always have a cold, i always have dry lips, my acne takes ages and ages to heal, my eyes are always dry, i am always low and depressed and lack motivation to do anything.

I went to my doctor and he couldnt do anything for me apart from giving me anti-biotics for my cold which didn't really work.

I have tried green tea and vitamin c for about 1/2 a year now to detox my body, but still i wake up bunged up dry lips, headcold etc.

Is there anything i can do? Anything i can take to help me? Its destroying my life

Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
(male)

Abbath HB User
Re: My problems since roaccutane that won't go away :( Please please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmatica View Post
Hi there, from OCTOBER 2005-JANUARY 2006 I was on roaccutane and experienced the obvious side effects that go with it. Chapped lips, colds, lack of interest in anything, etc etc. But i have now been off roaccutane for over a year, and my life is slowly becoming worse and worse. I always have a cold, i always have dry lips, my acne takes ages and ages to heal, my eyes are always dry, i am always low and depressed and lack motivation to do anything.

I went to my doctor and he couldnt do anything for me apart from giving me anti-biotics for my cold which didn't really work.

I have tried green tea and vitamin c for about 1/2 a year now to detox my body, but still i wake up bunged up dry lips, headcold etc.

Is there anything i can do? Anything i can take to help me? Its destroying my life
You should read the threads on diets. If it was me, I would have never taken accutane. No way.

Those side-effects are just not worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

I would consult a nutritionist. My daughter did that because she experienced significant hair loss 5 months after stopping accutane. The body has an ability to heal itself if given the right tools. Drugs of any kind deplete the body of vitamins and minerals. Accutane was orignally developed to combat cancer so it's pretty powerful stuff. Also, a doctor should probably do a complete blood panel on you that includes liver enzyme count. If there are specific problems, then they can be pinpointed. Try not to panic and think positively. Drink lots of water also.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
(male)

kizmatica HB User

Thank you both so much for your kind words .

Im only 21 but it just feels like im wasting days away, i never have the motivation to do anything anymore as im always bunged up with dry lips and dry eyes and always look tired . Im really worried that because i always have colds and dry lips etc, my immune system is bad and consequently i may soon get something like cancer im so scared and its all destroying my life.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
(male)

jamie10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmatica View Post
Thank you both so much for your kind words .

Im only 21 but it just feels like im wasting days away, i never have the motivation to do anything anymore as im always bunged up with dry lips and dry eyes and always look tired . Im really worried that because i always have colds and dry lips etc, my immune system is bad and consequently i may soon get something like cancer im so scared and its all destroying my life.
Hey I am in a similar situation to you because of accutane - or so I think! I don't know, some of these things may be related to accutane, but not solely you know. Stay strong, as it is early days...

How much was your daily mg dosage? I took 40mg per day for about 6 months. So it was relatively low for a long time. Some people take it 80mg a day. And have taken it many times!

Private message me by all means, it would be good to talk!

Closed Thread