It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
(male)

quamen HB User
is acne in certain areas of skin, realted to different things. Stress, food.....

This was is really really annoying me. I used to have moderate acne when i was younger,but now im in my mid 20s and that stopped. I still get the couple pimples here and there but no big deal. Recently within the last few weeks, i started breaking out pretty bad on my forhead only and this is the weirdest part; I very seldomly ever got acne there even when i was younger, and now it ends up there. I Cant figure out why though? The only thing i have added to my diet is Tuna Fish and have started to eat alot more food to gain weight since im working out. I try to eat more healty foods,but i would say i increased my starch -breads,grains and added tuna to my diet like i said. Also im not under as much stress as i used to be, so i know it cant be that. Any suggestions?

only one i was thinking is that the tuna has alot of salt in it. Also i have been using like oils,butters and stuff with more fat in it to increase my weight gain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Re: is acne in certain areas of skin, realted to different things. Stress, food.....

I definately think adding some things to your diet could have caused it, but would not be able to exactly say which ones would because I dont pay attention much to diet, I love food too much and am also trying to put on weight. I dont excercise though, but do recommend that GNC has a weight gainer powder that you can mix with milk and even if you take one third of the actual serving size your putting an extra 750 cals in your diet. Its called weight gainter 2000. It also has vitamins. I let the banana split flavor and its pretty good. Calories is the key to gaining weight so with this you'll get extra and can still cut out the fats. Also, have you always worked out or did you just start? It could be from sweating, which you should probably, not saying that you dont already, make sure you shower off afterwards. Hope it helps!

Last edited by saphire82; 03-07-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
(male)

quamen HB User
Re: is acne in certain areas of skin, realted to different things. Stress, food.....

thanks for the reply. I been working out for the past year, so i know it is not from this. I really cant pinpoint why this is happening,but im think i kinda figured out why. In order to gain weight i really uped my carbs alot and i think that stuff is turning into sugar. I know that if i eat to much sugar i do breakout, and im allegic to milk to the point about 2 hours later ill break out in large lumps. This only happens when i drink pure milk or eat ice cream,but not cheese or other mixed milk products. Not 100 percent positive,but thanks for the great reply.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
(female)

FallingSnow HB User

It could definitely be something you've added to your diet. I've been doing some research lately on different things, and I actually came across two posts from people who've been breaking out after eating tuna. Funny, because I always thought fish was great for the skin especially those with acne. Maybe try cutting that out and see what happens.

I've always wondered if acne on certain parts of the face means something in particular too. I remember reading somewhere that breakouts on the forehead is hormonal. But who can know for sure. I believe all acne is hormonal and diet related. There are some good food replacements for dairy, sugar & such that are natural and won't hurt your skin. Like almond milk for one, perferably organic. Goat cheese which offers lots of varieties, Stevia as a natural sweetener. The top three main foods that are known to cause trouble is white flour (w/bread, pastas), white refined sugars and dairy. I posted a bunch of healthy food/meal ideas on someone's post a while back with great alternatives to foods we should avoid.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User

If I eat a lot of junk I will definitely break out. Certain supplements have also made me break out as well.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Quamen, I forgot to say that you can also have the weight gainer with water as well, I just said milk because it adds a little more calories and maybe makes it taste better, and I like milk. But then again I really only add enough milk to make it a drinkable consistancy, so its not pure milk either.

Closed Thread