It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Developing horrible acne on jawline/neck

Hi. I'm starting to develop horrible acne under my jawline and neck. I have very mild acne on my face but my jawline/neck is horrible with acne right now. What can I do for this? I've tried putting benzoil peroxide on it but that didn't help much. I'm currently putting Differin on it right now.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Re: Developing horrible acne on jawline/neck

any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
(female)

ajwall HB User

Hey there, I am 24, about two years ago I got off of hormonal birth control pills (didn't like ingesting fake hormones) and went to natural family planning. After I got off bcp, my face was fine for about 3 months then it completely exploded. I have never had bad skin ever not even in highschool. I was developing deep cystic acne around my jaw my chin, and my forehead, the spaces inbetween seemed unaffected, I did everything, benzyl peroxide, salycilic acid, peels, scrubs, masks, even tried NOT washing my face. nothing worked. I was in tears. I figured it was hormonal, and because of that fact I just had to wait it out til my hormones rebalanced. I saw the derm when I got so tired of having to put makeup on just to go to the grocery store, she put me on a mild antibiotic to clear up the inflammation and prescribed finacea, which is a topical cream (very lightweight) and I used it and my face has the occasional break out around my cycle, but nothing compared to before. I don't know if it was a combination of letting nature take it's course as far as my hormones getting back to normal after being on bcps but I know I LOVE finacea, you use it once in the morning and once at night, it may tingle and itch a little after you put it on, but you get used to it. I had no peeling or redness or anything, if anything my face was clearer and seemed more even toned. number one rule don't pick! I used to be a bad picker because I wanted them to go away, and I thought by messing with them it would help them go away and it did nothing but aggrivate them. I also use sensitive skin cleanser from Mitchell's, it's all natural and smells great! I also use ponds daily facial scrubs too when I need to exfoliate, which seems to be a huge help for my skin as well. I use the sensitive cleanser at night and the scrub in the morning, it really softens and smooths your skin, because dry skin build up can clog pores too, exfoliation is of big importance. Good luck I feel your pain! I also heard that if you break out around your chin or jawline that is an indicator of hormonal imbalance, but I'm sure finacea would work for you too, it's used primarily for people w/rosacea... but I don't have rosacea, but it works for acne! good luck!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

ajwall HB User

haha i just realized you were a guy when I was reading back over my post. i'm sure you're not taking birth control pills so that would not be a relevant issue for you then, But I'm sure the Finacea would still be a possibility for a treatment!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

The chin and jawline are the most vulnerable places that your hands touch. Your hands a full of bacteria, so do not touch your face! If you mess up, put saliva on your preferably clean finger and go over any area that seems itchy or you think you touched. I do this when I feel an itchy area that a zit may pop up on and this seems to take it away after a while. Saliva is antibacterial (this spot treatment tip from Diane Irons). And dont pick, which this area is the best target for picking. Sometimes people do it without thinking. At night (or whenever), put honey around the area and leave it for at least half an hour. this will help draw out the bacteria.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

aussie_jono HB User

Apply 5% benzoyl peroxide twice a day

Closed Thread