It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 10:28 AM   #1

MYLO HB User
Post I found a cure for OILY skin

If you have really oily skin like myself, well I have good news. I found a cure, that will dramatically cut down the amount of oil your face produces.

ALOE VERA GEL!!!

This stuff is amazing!!!! I started using it couple days ago, it gets rid of red marks within hours, and apply this stuff right before you apply your makeup.

I did that yesterday, and throughout the entire day I didnt produce a single amount of oil. I went 9 hours without having to even pad down my face ONCE. Normally I would have to pad down my face every couple hours.

I know this stuff does make your skin a bit dryer. But the keys are to use very little and you wont get any flakiness. And thats the key to oily skin. Keep it as dry as possible. I personally dont think moisturizers should be used on oily skin. Even though they are oil free, they tend to make oily skin even more oily.

Who agrees?

Old 05-31-2003, 11:01 AM   #2

MrsBungle HB User
Hmmm, I wonder if it would help me out...My skin is really dry and flaky, although at the end of the day I'm all oily. So, I have pretty severe combination skin. I also have red marks and scars too. Maybe if I would just use a little bit of it at a time? What do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 02:24 PM   #3

bruinguy HB User
What brand do you use?

Old 05-31-2003, 03:02 PM   #4

Tinkerbell03 HB User
Smile

I've found the same thing to be true for me too! I wanted to post something on it too, but I have only been using it for the past couple of days. It is really good to heal the skin as well, which is why I initially used it. It's great!

Old 05-31-2003, 03:04 PM   #5
(male)

acneman HB User
What brand and where did you buy it? How much does it cost?

Old 06-01-2003, 01:33 AM   #6

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Folks,

I too like the aloe vera gel. I am using Jasons 98%. It has helped improve my acne damaged skin, and I have only been using it for about 4-5 days. My facial skin has some moderate acne scarring, and is dry, flaky, and looks kind of 'worn' in some places.

I wanted 100% aloe vera gel. But a salesgirl told me you don't get 100% gel, unless you squeeze it yourself out of the plant, so at best you get 99% or so.

The Jason's 98% gel I use also contains allantoin and chlorophyll.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 06-01-2003, 01:48 AM   #7

MYLO HB User
Hey folks.

I use "Best 100% gel" 100% natural. It costed me $4 for 1kg.

I think this stuff is for real. Today I had my makeup on for 14hrs. It was very hot outside, I spent some time in the sun, sweated a bit, went shopping, movies, dinner, friends place, and to a club and dance like nuts for 2 hrs straight.

Wellfor the entire day I never had to pad down my face once. I just got home not long ago, took a look at the mirror and my face looked just like how I left the house. No shine at all!!!!!!!

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! Im so relived, I can now go thru the day without having to worry about my shine.

Old 06-01-2003, 05:22 AM   #8

Tummy HB User
WEll I never thought Aloe Vera would stop oilyness. I actually thought it would increase it. Hmmm. Maybe I should try it cause I'm reaaaaaaaaaaally oily. I do knwo that I put aloe on a cut pimple and its healing quite nicely.

Old 06-01-2003, 09:26 AM   #9

dovey99 HB User
hi mylo, I have SUCH oily skin, i live in canada as well, toronto, where did you buy it?

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2003, 10:57 AM   #10

MYLO HB User
I bought mine from Co-op, you can buy it anywhere and its dirt cheap.

Hey I never thought Aloe Vera would stop oiliness too, but its awesome!!!

I use this as my moisturizer now.

DONT USE CREAMY LOTIONS!!!

Old 07-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #11

GotRice HB User
If you use this Aloe Gel stuff, can you use another acne medicine along with it? like, say you put this stuff on in the morning and use Tazorac at night. Will that work or will it cause irritation?

------------------
you have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Micheal Jordan

Old 07-10-2003, 10:50 PM   #12

wantsittoend HB User
im a guy and therefore don't wear makeup, so if i put this aloe vera gel on my face would it be visible, or does it rub in and go unnoticed?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:28 AM   #13

nightzebra HB User
It's transparent, and no, it won't irritate your skin at all; rather, it'll help it heal.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:26 AM   #14

Kandi76 HB User
Does using the Aloe Vera Gel cause more break outs? I have oily skin and would love to try it but I also fear that trying something new will further break me out.

Old 07-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #15
(male)

FargoUT HB User
Aloe Vera is an unusual plant. It heals and has many beneficial properties; it's also a moisturizer, yet it primarily is a drying gel. The reason you don't create excess oil is because aloe vera dries your skin. I'm not sure why this is, nor do I understand why people use it as a moisturizer. It seems contradictory. I love aloe vera, but I rarely use it. But hey, whatever works!

Closed Thread