It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 10:01 AM   #1

knut HB User
Lightbulb starting my FAST today

Here goes nothin. Starting today, I'm on the master cleanse (lemonade diet) for about 10 days. (I'm also going to do all of the cleanses (colon, kidney, liver, parasite, etc. ))I have my fingers crossed. I've done a lot of research and figured that the amount of stuff(be in medicine or natural products) that I put on my face is not going to solve my problem if I have crap inside my body. I'm starting over!! Believe it or not, I'm not doing this only for acne, but for my health in general. I already take vitamins and have started juicing, and I eat pretty well already.

So, just saying that here goes; and I hope it works, because in my opinion, this has got to be the answer, although the route is a little extreme.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 10:02 AM   #2

Tiggermomma HB User
Good GOING! How long will it take to complete all of those cleanses? LIke 6 months or something? I want to give it a try also cause I know something in my body is not functioning right, well, probably a few things are not.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 10:13 AM   #3

knut HB User
Thanks, I'm lucky because my boyfriend is all gung-ho about it right now, so that's going to help. We should have everything all done within the month. Probably done like in 2 or 3 weeks. There are not-so-pleasant things that you have to do if you want to do EVERYTHING, but, I figured I'd give everything a shot, at least once.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
Inactive

trainboxer HB User
That's neat. How long does each cleanse take and how are you doing the cleanses. I too am also thinking about doing a total body cleanse. Thanks

Old 07-08-2003, 10:34 AM   #5

knut HB User
well, for 10 days I will be drinking a mixture of 3 cups of water with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (and a sprinkle of red pepper). This is like an overall cleanse for the most part. Oh, and when I first heard of the mixture with the MAPLE syrup, I thought it would be nasty; but the maple syrup is just a sweetener. The mixture just tastes like watered down lemonade (with a little pepper in it)

When that's done (and maybe once or twice before the 10 days is over) I'll do a psyllium laxative drink to get as much gunk out of me that I can (which will be old gunk, of course, because I haven't been eating anything). That will clean out the colon.

I'm waiting for herbs to come (in the mail) for cleaning out my kidneys. I'm just going to start taking them whenever they get here, I don't know right now how long you're supposed to take them, be it a couple weeks, or what.

Then, and this is a part that I'm NOT looking forward to..... on Saturday I'll be cleaning my gall bladder and liver with a mixture of olive oil and grapefruit juice. I hope i'll only have to do this ONCE, cause it sounds gross.

I'll post more details later, I'm at work (shsshhh) and don't remember everything off the top of my head but I think that's it in a nutshell.....

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 07-08-2003).]

Old 07-08-2003, 11:49 AM   #6
(male)

rpav HB User
Good luck on the fasting. I hope everything works.
There was a report in news the said that fasting actually good for the body in many ways.

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 07-13-2003).]

Old 07-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #7

knut HB User
Yup, I mean, the way I look at it, it won't hurt. Everyone talks about don't eat meat, don't eat grains, don't eat ****, so, this will just knock everything out and then I can do my own trial an error. I know that it is possible to break out more, since toxins are being expelled; but at least I'll know exactly what is happening; and not sitting there thinking that it's the cereal in my milk etc.

I read another post with someone saying that if you start fasting; basically you have to keep fasting to stay clear, because once you start eating then all your problems come back. I don't believe that at all. Once your toxins are gone, you have to build them back up again for them to cause a problem. I mean, I'm not going to go WITHOUT my big mac once in a while, but it's my health and appearance here, so I think it's worth a little inconvenience..... Who's with me???

Old 07-08-2003, 12:10 PM   #8

wantsittoend HB User
so you can't eat for 10 days? won't you starve?

Old 07-08-2003, 12:42 PM   #9

knut HB User
Nah, I won't starve. I'll be drinking as much lemonade during the day as I can, and honestly, that does kinda fill you up. I'm having as much green tea as I want ( I like it, so that helps). Also, I am going to have at least one glass of vegetable juice (carrot/apple/leafy green) a day, when I get home from work. I'm basically a normal build, but as far as that goes; I probably have enough extra fat in my butt to carry me through .....
I'll get nutrients from the lemonade and the veg. juice.

I am a bit hungry, but not starving, and that's kind of surprising. I'm used to eating 3 meals a day AND munching throughout the day whenever I want. I haven't eaten for about 24 hours so far. I've read that the 4th day is the one that will really suck but I hope I can stick it out. Just have more veg juice if I want. Tons of people have done this, with success, and I really want to get there. I have gotten a lot of information from other websites but I can't put them on here. Hopefully I can get through it, without too many difficulties and if I have good results than someone else can try and it could be their cure. ***HOPE***

Old 07-08-2003, 02:19 PM   #10

wantsittoend HB User
good luck, don't forget to post about your ordeal once you're clear

Old 07-08-2003, 03:41 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
not to be negative. but if your acne is hormonal no amount of cleasning is going to clear you up. I did the fasting thing,i eat GREAT.i take vitamins. my face is nice and soft. i lost 10lbs. i look awesome, but my face is incredibly worse, acen wise. I think all the toxins were released on my face. i thought i would have the one eruption. then i would clear up. but it was 1 eruption after another. so i am going on accutane. thanks for listening

Old 07-08-2003, 07:45 PM   #12

knut HB User
I'm sorry that you didn't have success What sort of regimin did you follow? I do believe that part of my problem MAY be hormonal or stress, but I can't really say. I don't have more or less problems during any time of the month, but I do have quite a bit of stress right now. Everyone keeps saying not to stress/worry so much and I'll get better again.... Uh, yeah, ok. That's an easy thing to do. I've had acne since I was probably 13 or 14.... got better and worse with antibiotics. Did accutane.... got better and then worse again. Tried every mask and cleanser possible (did the egg mask the other day - THAT was just gross). Anyway, now I'm 25 and I'm tired of having no clue why I am breaking out and none of the typical "fixes" working for ME. So, this is my new thing, I hope I'll be able to post something positive so that other people will give it a shot.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:05 AM   #13

knut HB User
Just a quick post... day 2; haven't eaten anything since Monday afternoon.... not really "hungry", but would like to eat, just cause I want to eat. The lemon drinks do fill you up, but get boring. Oh, and I'm peeing like a banchee. Hope I don't get cramps in my legs; that happens to me sometimes when I drink too much water...

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 07-09-2003).]

Old 07-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #14

osr1234 HB User
Smile

You are great. I do not have the courage to cleanse right now, but it has been on my mind for years now. I did occasionally fasting for 3 days and remember that the most difficult part for me was to get back into routine of eating. Make sure you start eating slowly and probably have juices for 2-3 days or so to get back to normal. I did the liver cleanse as well once; it was not that bad. I was 17 then and do not remember much (my mom is the advocate of the cleansing). She fasted for 17 days once and did fine (of course that was not because of acne).
Anyway, your plan sounds very good. Make sure you clean GI tract very good so all the toxins will be gone ASAP once you start liver cleanse. I would say take fiber twice a day.
Also I read that during cleansing it's the best to start your day with about 4 coups of warm water with 1-2 fresh squeezed lemon juice. I read that our bodies naturally cleanse at night and in the morning, so having lemons with water helps a lot. Also, I do not know if you considered drinking green drinks at night (may be later). I also have a list of herbs that help to cleanse, but it seems you are already waiting for some. Let us know what kind of herbs you will be taking.
Lastly, what kind of water you are drinking? I would highly recommend distilled water because it is very “hungry” water and will absorb all the toxins released, so hopefully they will not go on your fase.

Best of luck to you and keep us informed (:

Old 07-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #15

knut HB User
Thanks much for the support. I did a fiber laxative drink twice yesterday after I got home from work(juiced 2 apples and added a serving of the powder to it (not great; but kinda resembles very pulp-y apple juice)).

I found the list of herbs that we bought; should be getting them any day. I didn't know that he got THIS many!! Oh, he also ordered a "zapper" for killing parasites and the other day we bought a bottle of probiotics that is supposed to help this process along.

The Herbal Parasite Complete Cleanse Kit
Black Walnut Hull Tincture - Extra Strength, 4 oz.
Wormwood - 500mg, 100 count
Cloves - 500mg, 100 count
Arginine - 500mg, 100 count
Ornithine - 500mg, 100 count

The Kidney Cleanse kit
Ginger root - 500mg 100 count
Uva Ursi - 500mg 100 count
Vitamin B6 - 250mg 100 count
Magnesium Oxide - 300mg 100 count
Goldenrod Tincture - 1/2 ounce
Black Cherry Concentrate - 8 ounces
Kidney tea herbs - 1/2 cup each
(Marshmallow/Gravel/Hydrangea)

GEEZ...... Once I get started on that I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I've seen two different recommendations for the water; one being distilled; and one being spring water only. I've seen arguments for both; so didn't really know what way to go. We have a filter on our faucet at home; so I've been just using that water. Thanks for the input; I'll look more into the distilled water and may switch.

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 07-13-2003).]

Closed Thread