It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

lleess HB User
bruises after pimples?

I recently popped a large pimple on my cheekbone and it bled, but the next morning it had a head again. I popped it again, and it bled again. But now the area is red and very swollen and painful- like a quarter-size bruise on my cheek.

Has this happened to anyone before? What is this? Is it still a pimple or is it just a bruise from my pressing too hard on my face? The skin is very dry, so I don't want to put my pimple creams on it if that's not what it is.... What should I do?

Help please!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
(female)

Sweet_Sacrifice HB User
Re: bruises after pimples?

Actually, you're right on target. That sounds like a bruise; I've had something similar, and my face was painful to the touch. I had a huge pimple, and that day the rest of my skin was clear, so I was so aggravated...it was the worst thing I've ever done, though. I left a bruise, which somehow eventually developed into a scab, which eventually developed into a scar. I'm trying to get rid of the scar but I'm pretty sure my efforts are in vain. Since it's not a pimple, pimple creams would be useless for your problem. I found that cold water on washclothes pressed against the bruise sort of numbed the pain and helped it heal a little quicker; if the scar comes it's important to use sunscreen so it's not more visible if you get tanned and try Mederma or if you can't get that, Vitamin E capsules. The Vitamin E may even help the bruise, but there really aren't any acne medications that will help it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread