It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
(female)

mannie8 HB User
Swollen bump on forehead

I have a swollen bump on my forehead. I wouldn't consider it a pimple or zit just because it doesn't have a head on it. I can push down on it and it's flat for a minute, then swells back up. I guess it's just a badly clogged pore. It's not huge, but big enough to have a shine in the light. It's so embarassing. I can get rid of the redness with coverup, but I can't get it to go down. I applied ice last night and nothing. It appeared on wednesday. I'm afraid to squeeze it to create a head because that will only irritate it further and cause it to bleed. And of course it's on the side of my forehead that my side swept bangs don't cover! Sheesh.

Any quick remedies on how to get rid of it or lessen its appearance? I'm seeing my BF tomorrow!

Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #2
(female)

lleess HB User
Re: Swollen bump on forehead

i actually have a similar issue right now! i had read a while ago on this board that sometimes if you push the end of a sterilized pin into it, it will bleed and that releases some pressure so the bump gets smaller. i tried that last night and i cant tell if it helped, but it certainly doesnt look any worse now. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
(male)

xNinox HB User

It's most probably Cystic Acne.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
(female)

ihatethis33 HB User

ugh. i had one too. i popped it, it scabbed, i ripped the scab, it was even harder to cover up. got another one. left it alone and it went away in a week. be patient

Old 05-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

loretta38 HB User

Applying hot packs to the area will help bring it to a head - also - toothpaste is a great remedy to dry up a pimple quickly. It can be very drying to only apply it to that spot. Also another good thing to use it Purell hand sanitizer - don't know how it works - but it does. If all else fails - try honey - pure honey on it. I have had that work as well.

From the age of 12 to 33 I suffered with acne - cystic - terrible acne - and I learned to mess with it all the time - so I looked horrible. I finally just did two courses of Accutane and have had clear skin for 1.5 years now. It is the most unbelievable experience in the world.

But - for all the years I mentioned - those were some things that truly helped.

Closed Thread