It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Well Im back to washing with water only!

And so far after a week Ive had only a few very small teeny ones...not like the big reds that I got before. Although it does feel a tad bit dry after washing it sometimes but mostly it goes away in a short while. But like after a shower I put just a little complex 15 on and so far I dont think its made me break out. I know my skin is adjusting, and it will take some more time, but I honestly dont think Ive ever gone this long without having a huge zit or cluster of zits along my jawlike and chin or cheek area.

The only thing Im really dealing with is that my pores are really clogged and sometimes have flaky skin. But I guess Id rather deal with that then a bunch of new deep red beauties. Like I said, the kind Im getting now are just the small, light pink ones you can even notice unless you gazing closeup, except for my upper lip area is still tickin me off.

Im just trying to see what works with this method, but so far its working better than anything. And Im not just splashing water on, Im wetting a washcloth and holding it to my face for a few seconds and then gently massaging however I feel it needs and concentrating on my flaky clogged areas. I gave it a week so far, and I tried it a while before but I just got put off with the flaking and ruff feeling skin, but I honestly think my skin will heal itself eventually. My husband mostly only washes with water, and his skin is moisturized naturally, never dry, nothing (hes even older, is in the sun more, never has moisturized ever, and doesnt have ONE fine line). I know its tough to give up products, because we have it engraved in our head that they are the only thing that will work, even I just bought my favorite cleanser and have a whole bottle left....eh, Ill find another use for it...I urge anyone to try it and just try to be tough with it for a while.

Last edited by saphire82; 05-31-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Re: Well Im back to washing with water only!

Well because of the clogged pores I tried out the conditioner washing for about a week and just went back to the water only method. I had a few breakouts and didnt want to risk it getting worse so I decided that why would I do anything else if this was working just fine? Im not even using moisturizer, but my skin has adjusted and Im sure will adjust even more. I dont have oily skin like when I put moisturizer on, but then gain Im not stripping anything out for my oil glands to replace either. The only thing that Im going to try is a different type of washcloth called the pore gripper from skinvac. Ive looked at it and its like 10 dollars free shipping so Im like well its not a chemical so Ill give it a try. Ive also notice that my face isnt as red, so I think even moisturizer is one that makes it red, because one morning I used my complex 15 after washing w/ water and it was all red again. Well Ill post more updates soon!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:29 AM   #3
(female)

Infiltrator HB User

Hmm, yeah I think I'm done with the conditioner too. It really seemed to do alot of good at first, which is unusual, but it seems like nothing works for long. I just started using apple cider vinegar, so we'll see. I would like to use nothing but water, but I need something to take my makeup off, is that ever a problem for you?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

I dont wear makeup every day. Sometimes I either wear my green powder from PF to calm down the redness, and other days I wore EDM mineral makeup, but have stopped wearing it as much as I can so I do not have to take anything off because I would have to use a cleanser. I did buy the PF mineral wear powder yesterday and I didnt put it on too heavy so if I do it that way I think it will take it off good enough. I use a wet washcloth which helps getting it off w/out cleanser.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Ok just giving an update here for anyone whos skeptical of water only. Im still doing really good. I have had like one or two breakouts in the past two weeks or so but my skin looks really good as my red marks start to fade. I havent used moisturizer but sometimes (very rarely) i will put a tiny drop of jojoba to give a little moisture before bedtime and it hasnt broke me out from that, which Ive tried the jojoba thing before when I used a bunch of products and that reacted really bad. My skin reacted differently to the aspirin mas and I had peeling skin for a few days afterwards, which when I used products I could use the aspirin mask with no problem, so my skin is definately more sensitive to products I believe. At any rate my skin's starting to feel more smooth as well, my forehead is 100% clear and silky smooth.

Ive changed my makeup to Almay's line smoothing compact foundation and that has not broke me out either! It actually feels really nice, I posted a thread about it if you'd like to read about it. I used clearly natural glycerin souap for likek 5 seconds to take it off a few nights, and I even think I slept with it on once (tisk tisk).

Well just thought anyone might like the update =)

Closed Thread