It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User
Very Small Tiny Bumps Growing On My Face???

Hi.

For the past 3 weeks, I've had these very tiny small bumps growing on both sides of my face. They don't hurt or itch. And they're not red.
They kinda look like small goosebumps.

The lady at my facial place told me that they are caused by oil. She squeezed some of them, and said there's white stuff that can be squeezed out of them. She recommended this face cream that'll absorb oil. It's called Guinot Pure Balance Cream. I bought it and am going to try it for a month.

But I really don't know why I got these bumps out of the blue. I haven't changed face wash, or had more stress, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
(female)

Katie9421 HB User
Re: Very Small Tiny Bumps Growing On My Face???

Hi i have jsut gone through the same thing

By the way how old are you this may be affecting this

IM in my early teens and have jsut got little bumps on my face i had one befor that i burst and i think what your meaning the white stuff is puss

When you get more bumps jsut make sure you wash your face every day to get rid of them extra oils collected throughout the day on your skin

Tell me if this helps at all and keep me posted please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

Hi. I'm not a teenager.

I'm already 30. I never got these bumps before. But the weird thing is I have an oily t-zone but my face is not oily.

I have no idea why I got these tiny bumps all of a sudden.

I'll keep washing my face and let you know if they disappear or not.

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

I've had the same problem on my chin for a couple months now- it happened out of the blue and they won't go away! No pus comes out of mine though... they're just really tiny and flesh-colored.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I got those tiny flesh color like bumps when I have allergic reactions to certain ingredients. Check the products you are using.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

I've been using Oil of Olay face cream for almost 2 years. I haven't had any allergies with it. But all of a sudden these bumps just appear out of nowhere.

My friend said it could be my skin not being hydrated enough, and producing too much oil, so it is not balanced.

I have no idea what that means.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #7
(female)

FallingSnow HB User

Have you changed detergents lately? One time when I changed my detergent I broke out in tiny hives everywhere..it took me a while to realize it was my pillow case and apparently I was allergic to the chemicals. Do you change pillow cases every day? This is important because your hair leaves oil on your pillow case which then gets absorbed into your skin when you sleep.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
(male)

getwell123 HB User

I have the same. I believe they are warts and spread with shaving, touching etc. After trying homeopathy i went to a dermatologist who started cryotherapy. don't know if its going to be totally effective. will post at a later date

Old 06-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

EddieDean HB User

I have a similar condition which has been diagnosed as "perioral dermatitis." This causes a small rash that looks like pimples around my mouth and nose, especially, but doesn't itch at all. It's actually no inconvenience at all, other than the fact that it looks kind of bad.

My dermatologist had me switch toothpastes because this often is a flare up from a reaction to the cinnamon or mint flavors in most pastes. I now use a bubble gum kind (Disney princesses!) which tastes awful but has helped control the rash.

This particular rash is often caused by topical creams, such as the ones many of us are prescribed for acne (my doctor thinks my creams caused my rash). Short of switching toothpastes and going off your topical gels, there isn't much you can do.

However, this may not be your problem. I just saw that you are female and PD is generally found in females. You will generally notice redness on your chin and around your nose similar to rosacea. Hope you find the diagnosis for your own issue, and that this information can help in some way!

Old 06-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #10
(female)

dna333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandlop View Post
Hi.

For the past 3 weeks, I've had these very tiny small bumps growing on both sides of my face. They don't hurt or itch. And they're not red.
They kinda look like small goosebumps.

The lady at my facial place told me that they are caused by oil. She squeezed some of them, and said there's white stuff that can be squeezed out of them. She recommended this face cream that'll absorb oil. It's called Guinot Pure Balance Cream. I bought it and am going to try it for a month.

But I really don't know why I got these bumps out of the blue. I haven't changed face wash, or had more stress, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Hi -

I was just wondering if the face cream that the lady at your facial place recommened worked? I've been having the same kind of bumps on my forehead and cheeks.

Thanks!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

hollandlop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna333 View Post
Hi -

I was just wondering if the face cream that the lady at your facial place recommened worked? I've been having the same kind of bumps on my forehead and cheeks.

Thanks!

Nope. The cream didn't work. I still have the bumps on both sides of my cheek. They're not getting any worse, but certainly not any better.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
(female)

silverandgold HB User

I have the exact same thing you are describing. It started a few months ago and appeared "out of the blue". The only thing I had done differently was tried a new face cream that I thought may have been too highly fragranced, so I stopped using it immediately. But the bumps only got worse. ?? I've always had clear skin, so this was frustrating.

Went to the derm. He said it was perioral dermatitis and could be caused by stress! Gave me some face wash cloths called Plexion. Also gave me a topical "antibacterial" cream. Did this for a month and no change, so we got more aggressive and he prescribed an oral antibiotic that I take every day along with an additional topical Alpha Hydroxy cream.

No change for a long time...but now, some of those little flesh-colored bumps have turned into full-on red zits! The derm said it was part of the healing process. I guess it gets worse before better. Anyway, it's really frustrating how long this is taking to go away.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
(female)

lauli HB User

This sounds like sebaceous hyperplasia, although it mainly affects older adults. Do an internet search for info and pictures and see if it looks like it. I have the same problem and nothing seems to help (I'm almost 45).

Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauli View Post
This sounds like sebaceous hyperplasia, although it mainly affects older adults. Do an internet search for info and pictures and see if it looks like it. I have the same problem and nothing seems to help (I'm almost 45).
I'm only 20, and that definitely doesn't look like what I have. Hmm. I'm so frustrated with these little bumps Some of mine have turned into big pimples too though.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #15
(male)

Jinco119 HB User

i have this same problem..
and my problem is i just now figured out what it was
when i read this.
i always thought they were just black heads but now i realize
they're not black so i dont think they're black heads..i dont feel
dumb right about now or anything. haha
ive tried just "extracting" them but this makes my face red for a
few days and they just come back..

does anyone have anything that worked for them? -__-

Closed Thread