It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #1
(male)

tom_cress2000 HB User
Apple Cider Vinegar

Anyone use this for their acne by drinking it? Ive read on other boards of people raving about how having 2 tablespoons in the morning and evening has really improved their skin.

Ive just started on this so will let you know how I get on.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
(male)

tom_cress2000 HB User
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

Just some reasearch on its benefits, copied from *********** site.

Apple Cider Vinegar, that wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more ailments than any other folk remedy -- we're convinced! From the extensive reader feedback we've received over the past 6 years, the reported cures from drinking Apple Cider Vinegar are numerous: allergies (including pet, food and environmental), sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, flu, chronic fatigue, candida, acid reflux, sore throats, contact dermatitis, arthritis, and gout. One reader reported that a shot of ACV saved him from going to the emergency room for heart pain. Apple Cider Vinegar also breaks down fat and is widely used to lose weight. It has also been reported that a daily dose of apple cider vinegar in water has soaring blood pressure under control in two weeks!

If you can get over the taste of apple cider vinegar, you will find it one of the most important natural remedies in healing the body.

Apple Cider Vinegar is also wonderful for dogs, cats, and horses. It helps them with arthritic conditions, controls fleas & barn flies, and gives a beautiful shine to their coats!

As a wonderful side effect of drinking apple cider vinegar every day, we discovered that it brings a healthy, rosy glow to one's complexion! This is great news if you suffer from a pale countenance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
(male)

tom_cress2000 HB User

Ive only been using it a couple of days now, but my skin has seriously improved. I know its probably to early but hopefully it continues. On another acne site a lot of people have reported results within a few days.

Im using an organic apple cider vinegar has people have reported better results using hte organic type. The only difficult part is the taste but it doesnt bother me to much.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I have never drank it for acne purpose but have used it externally on the face to fade post acne red spots. It worked very well. You can try using it on your face also, just dilulte it with water in a ratio of 1:2 or 1:3 (one part of apple cider vinegar to 2 parts or 3 parts of water).

Old 06-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
(female)

kab44189 HB User

Are you supposed to drink the vinegar straight out of the bottle or can you mix it with something to lessen the taste? The smell alone makes me cringe!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
(male)

tom_cress2000 HB User

I had a couple of tablespoons to a glass of water and down it. I use Aspall Organic cider vinegar which is sold in most supermarkets in uk, dont know about anywhere else.

Apparently it needs to be organic to see the best results. Its still very early days for me but my skin is looking a lot better even after only a few days of using.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #7
(female)

Infiltrator HB User

Yeah, it tastes pretty sour, yikes. I mix it in with a lemon ice-tea drink mix, that makes it easier to down it. I'm starting to get used to the taste anyway.

I only started a couple of days ago, we'll see...

Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
(female)

hunjiman HB User

Here's a quick suggestion to help the taste. I have been using Body Ami, blended with juice and honey. Works great and tastes much better. * commercial link removed by hb-mod, moderator. *

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-22-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Please don't post links and/or instructions regarding commercial websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread