It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
(male)

Fiasco HB User
A Breakfast Cereal that won't break me out?

I think my breakfast cereal may be breaking me out, I eat Wheat Chex, this may be the worst thing I could eat I'm not really sure, anybody got any ideas maybe alternatives to Cereal at that? I eat an Apple every morning along with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
(male)

Fiasco HB User
Re: A Breakfast Cereal that won't break me out?

Oh I forgot to mention that I use Soy Milk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

I sincerely doubt that Wheat Chex and an apple are causing your acne breakouts- as a matter of fact, if anything they should be improving your condition. There has never been conclusive evidence that certain foods cause acne (yes, including chocolate, pizza, fries). There is evidence, however, that a healthy diet and lots of water can help improve it. Wheat Chex and an apple is a good start.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
(female)

sweetfairy HB User

Oh i do do do think that the wheat is breaking you out and the only reason why I say that is because of the info I found on a really great website...I'm currently using skintactix and they explain how wheat and milk affect some people's acne and after reading that I've been testing it and I do break out after eating anything that has wheat and seriously the pimples that I already had flared up really big after a few hours. everyone is different but if you notice that after you eat curtain foods and then you see a flare up then more than likely it's because of what ur eating. i really do believe that diet has a big effect with acne i don't care what anybody says I noticed than when I eat alot of foods with sugar drink milk eat anything that has wheat in it and drink anything with caffine I break out. hopes this helps.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #5
(male)

acneruinslives HB User

cerial and milk break me out to. there are no cerials that do not break me out. soy milk is really bad for me to. im just learning wheat might break you out, i think it depends on what kind.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

I don't think it's the cereal making you break out... unless it is loaded with tons of sugar (and as well all know, sweet things give us acne).

It is MOST LIKELY your soy milk giving you acne. I know it used to give me acne back in my day... and will still give it to me if I start drinking it again. I have found that 1% (or skim) milk are the only two kinds of milk I can use that won't cause me too many problems. Anything higher than 1% and I'm screwed... acne back again.

So stay away from high sugar cereals, soy milk, goat milk, and any regular milk which is higher than 1%.

Oh and last thing: learn to eat sandwiches that you make... without cheese. Eliminating almost all of the cheese from my diet was a great move (hopefully it will work for some of you as well).

Last edited by ctrl-alt-del; 06-14-2007 at 12:52 AM.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
(female)

FallingSnow HB User

It's most likely the wheat. All cereals contain an amazing amount of sugar, this will also affect it. Cereals are the worst. But like another person mentioned, do a test to see if you flare up. Whenever I eat wheat (cereals, breads, pastas, oatmeal, white rice..etc) I breakout tremendously. I never knew wheat had such an effect until I read the story about a man with acne who eliminated wheat completely from his diet and cured his severe acne permanently. It makes sense if you read about why wheat is not good, it forms mucus in the body which can lead to acne, same with dairy. Most people don't realize this and wonder why they're still breaking out on a so called 'good' diet containing whole wheat sandwiches.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:28 AM   #8
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

lol, so what are we supposed to eat then? Eliminating wheat and dairy products is like cutting out AT LEAST 30% of all the foods that are out there...

Old 06-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

have you guys ever been tested for an allergy to wheat/soy/dairy? I wonder if it's an actual allergic reaction versus "acne"...

Old 06-17-2007, 04:13 AM   #10
(male)

mpx613 HB User

Having had acne for 18 years & still ongoing, I have learn't you need to cut out ALL cereals. In fact, you need to stay clear of all Gluten/Wheat foods, period.

Also I thought I was trying to be healthier consuming soya milk, but it made me breakout alot worse than regular milk.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #11
(female)

Awakening HB User

I agree, cut out the wheat/gluten completely. It is not impossible. Soy milk is not healthy according to many research articles and a lot of people's experiences with it. I used to drink soy milk too, I loved the chocolate kind, but it made my breakouts worse.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:37 AM   #12
(male)

mpx613 HB User

Put it like this, 80% of the stuff you find at the grocery store (Including alot of fruit & veg) will make you break out.

Closed Thread