It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2003, 05:14 PM   #1

Scarface666 HB User
Post Little bumps on forehead

i have loads of little bumps on my forehead and cant get rid of them. they are not pimples, or blackheads or clogged pores and they dont come with a head. they look like they are under the surface and when i try to squeeze nothing comes out. Anyone got any ideas? Would a toner help?

Old 06-01-2003, 11:44 PM   #2
(female)

healthuser HB User
I have these too! I must have gotten these recently, they won't go away! *** are these weird bumps?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 05:31 AM   #3

JimC981 HB User
I too have the mystery bumps om my forehead too .. except sometimes they turn into RED bumps if I mess with them .. I've been tryin AHA to exfoliate my skin and it seems to be diminishing these bumps slowly but surely ..I use aqua glycolic at night for extra moisture and neutrogena healthy skin loition for SENSITIVE SKIN during the day .. neither one has broke me out yet

[This message has been edited by JimC981 (edited 06-02-2003).]

Old 06-02-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User
There are some people who think that where you break out correlates to something wrong in the inside. I also, all of sudden, broke out on my forehead-about the same time I was lax about my healthy eating. If you breakout on the forehead or upper sides of the face (breakouts, lines, spots, or oily skin) reflects the condition on the gallbladder; generally too much fat in the diet.

I don't know how accurate this is, but does this sound even remotely true to anyone?

Old 06-02-2003, 08:35 AM   #5

silkskin HB User
The closed bumps that are so common are called Milia. They need to be lanced in order for the tissue to come out. I don't recommend that you do that yourself!
I also strongly believe that acne is a cause of something internal. That also explains why teenagers so commonly have acne through their fluctuating hormone years.
There are many causes for adult acne. I reccommend that adults get their hormone levels tested as well as a complete blood count or CBC. To see if there are any other underlying conditions.
Despite, what many physicians say. I also believe our lifestyle, diet etc. play a major role in our skin as well as our general health and well being.

Old 06-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #6

elsie9191 HB User
I too have the small bumps on my forehead and my temple areas. I am very conscious of my fat intake, so for me at least, I don't think it has anything to do with that.I didn't really have this problem till I started using Retin A Micro (tried it for 10 weeks). Up until a few days ago, I was using BP and taking B5 for about 7 weeks without much success. I added salicylic acid to my regimen at night for about a week and some of the bumps were staring to either come to a head or go away but I was still having new breakouts. Went back to the derm Friday and I'm now on Bactrim, Plexion Cleanser and Azelex. Will report back in a few weeks and let you all know if the bumps go away from this.

Old 06-03-2003, 07:32 AM   #7

pick_n_pock HB User
Thumbs up

Hi I used to have those little bumps all over my forehead but now most of them have gone. I'm not entirely sure what it is that has done it because I began doing a few things at the same time but I'm pritty sure that it is either the Burt's Bees Wild Lettuce Complexion soap that I use or swabbing my entire forehead with a tea tree oil cotton bud ( i think they call them Q-tips in USA?)
hope this helps
OH yeah I use a 20% tea tree oil solution

Old 06-03-2003, 07:48 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
i have them too... millions and millions and millions lol. i usually get them when i'm stressed, or have been drinking too much beer (although the two have been known to go hand in hand), and then they don't go away for ages. So far a combo of BHA and BP has been getting rid of some. i'm going to add glycolic acid as part of the "acne cure" program i'm doing...hopefully that'll sizzle the buggers off.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I used to have a lot of them too until I started using the BHA regularly along with my usual BP.

Old 06-03-2003, 08:49 AM   #10
(male)

FargoUT HB User
Lightbulb

I don't personally advise lancing. When you have so many of them, lancing just isn't a viable option. The best thing that I've ever found for this problem is simply Apple Cider Vinegar. Just use a cotton swab and apply it at night. There is only one side effect--this turns your skin a severely bright red. It looks like you were slapped in the face many times. However, Apple Cider vinegar works to kill bacteria, it's a great antiseptic, and I believe it has AHA properties. It won't go away over night, but after one night's use, I have noticed they've diminished, and the skin is smoother. I used apple cider vinegar for months a while ago, and it worked wonders. But I got lazy and stopped using it, and now the milia is all back. I'm wondering if this stuff would also help my keratosis pilaris. Hmmm.... I guess it's worth a shot!

Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 AM   #11
Inactive

blueeyedbia HB User
Cider vinegar is a natural 7% AHA.

Old 06-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #12

elsie9191 HB User
I just started using Azelex on Friday. Seeing as it is also an acid, I wonder if this will also help with all the small bumps??? Or is this type of acid different from the others in that respect?

Old 06-03-2003, 07:40 PM   #13

needanswers25 HB User
I have them too, on my forehead and on the sides of my face. I'm trying apple cider viniger this week, I've been putting it on every other day, and done it twice including tonight. I have noticed it slowly working just in 2 times. I apply it leave it on for 10 minutes and then take a shower or wash it off. My bumps are weird tho they look unnoticable in my bathroom, however go into sun light and they look bright red even shaded area's just with natural light. Try the viniger best results seen yet so far. Also sugar scrub tends to help if they are rough and kinda ready to come out. Just mix sugar with lemon juice until its pasty scrub and rinse off. Sorry for long post hope this helps

Old 08-01-2003, 05:10 PM   #14

Kara117 HB User
Smile

I have had those little bumps on my forehead for about 7 months. After I had them for 3 months my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic for them called Erythromycin. That did okay but after 4 months of using it I wasn't satisfied. They weren't much better. But then 2 days ago I started using Benzamycin. It contains the anitbiotic from the Erythromycin plus the antibacterial benzoyal peroxide. I can't believe how well it has worked. 50% of my forehead bumps are gone. After 2 days! This stuff is great and I reccomend it to anyone having the forehead problem. It cost me $25.00 with my insurance but it has been worth it. My bumps may be completely gone in a week. Go and ask your doctor if this medicine is for you.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:58 PM   #15
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User
Re: Little bumps on forehead

I used benzaclin on my forehead for the tons of closed comedones and it made my fore ENTIRELY CLEAR for 1 week. Then they went back to normal, THEN got even worse...

Closed Thread