Re: What Foods Cause Acne!?!
- Kelp is said to give cystic acne.
- Dairy is a big offender too. If you still want to drink milk, then buy 1% or skim milk. Also cut down on cheese and yogurt consumption.
- Wheat in bread causes acne in some people. Cut out as many wheat products from your diet as possible.
- Fast food causes acne. Try to eat as healthy and fresh as possible when on the road.
- Chocolate that is based on milk causes acne - but if eaten in small amounts, it's not a problem.
- Fatty, greasy, and sweet foods cause acne. Try not to eat that extra donut when possible...
- Not getting a high enough fibre intake will cause you to break out. Fibre is needed for cleaning out your intestines. All the 'dried up' food in your intestines block nutrient absorbtion, and can cause all kinds of problems such as fatigue, depression, weight gain, and acne. System cleansing supplements are good to use once in a while...
Many lifestyle choices can cause acne too:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Having long hair and not washing it regularly (the oil from the hair gives you acne in the morning).
- Masturbation causes acne due to hormonal spikes.
- Sweat on face, shoulders, and back can cause acne. It is very important to always wash your face with a gentle soap after a sweaty workout (or from just hot weather).
- Speaking of hot weather - the sun is good for acne... the UV rays from the sun are deadly to the acne bacteria.
- Eating after 9pm can cause acne.
- Doing hard drugs is an obvious one.
- Weight lifting supplements and high protein shakes cause acne. Testosterone is highly responsible for acne, and any increase in testosterone from weight lifting and sport activities can cause acne.