It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

UnknownProphet HB User
What Foods Cause Acne!?!

I want to kno what foods cause acne, and what foods help acne go away...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
(female)

taylorsbabygirl HB User
Re: What Foods Cause Acne!?!

I want to know this too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

It differs from person to person there isn't just one food type of food or a certain group of foods that causes acne. You can be allerigic to any food allergy and have it cause acne. They say the most common cause of acne is from dairy like in candy bars, or other junk food.

A bad diet, hormones, sweat can cause acne too. I have a friend that can not eat peanuts or strawberries, If he eats any foods that contain those 2 foods he looks like has chicken pox all over his face.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
(male)

rvmilanello HB User

no no no and no no foods cause acne its suger and only suger the food that helps acne dissapear is water and only water and i know this sounds gross but i read that masturbation causes acne too and i tryed it i masterbated by the next day i had two big pimples on my forehead

Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

Different things cause acne for different people. The only way to figure out what works for YOU is to experiment.

For me personally, it's excessive simple sugars. Candy and too much high-carb fruit like mango and banana, that'll make me break out really bad. I can still eat candy and fruit, just stick with smaller portions and lower amounts of sugar.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
(male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

- Kelp is said to give cystic acne.
- Dairy is a big offender too. If you still want to drink milk, then buy 1% or skim milk. Also cut down on cheese and yogurt consumption.
- Wheat in bread causes acne in some people. Cut out as many wheat products from your diet as possible.
- Fast food causes acne. Try to eat as healthy and fresh as possible when on the road.
- Chocolate that is based on milk causes acne - but if eaten in small amounts, it's not a problem.
- Fatty, greasy, and sweet foods cause acne. Try not to eat that extra donut when possible...
- Not getting a high enough fibre intake will cause you to break out. Fibre is needed for cleaning out your intestines. All the 'dried up' food in your intestines block nutrient absorbtion, and can cause all kinds of problems such as fatigue, depression, weight gain, and acne. System cleansing supplements are good to use once in a while...

Many lifestyle choices can cause acne too:
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Having long hair and not washing it regularly (the oil from the hair gives you acne in the morning).
- Masturbation causes acne due to hormonal spikes.
- Sweat on face, shoulders, and back can cause acne. It is very important to always wash your face with a gentle soap after a sweaty workout (or from just hot weather).
- Speaking of hot weather - the sun is good for acne... the UV rays from the sun are deadly to the acne bacteria.
- Eating after 9pm can cause acne.
- Doing hard drugs is an obvious one.
- Weight lifting supplements and high protein shakes cause acne. Testosterone is highly responsible for acne, and any increase in testosterone from weight lifting and sport activities can cause acne.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
(female)

sweetfairy HB User

Well for me its been high amounts of wheat,dairy and alot of sugar like sodas,cookies,candy etc. what I've read about what can help acne is very colorful fruits and veggies hopes this helps .

Old 06-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #8
(female)

bubbles84 HB User

Several reports have suggested that specific foods do not cause acne.

However, I steer clear of :
-shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster,etc) because of the high iodine(?) content that causes flare-ups.
-most dairy products (i drink soya milk instead)
-excessively oily foods
-white bread (whole grains/whole wheat are better for digestion)

Last edited by bubbles84; 06-26-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Closed Thread