It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #1
(female)

kinsky HB User
too embarrassed to go out

HI i am 26 and live in the uk. Am i the only person who stopped going out and seeing friends because of being too embarrassed about acne?

Last edited by kinsky; 07-07-2007 at 05:35 AM.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
(female)

dammie HB User
Re: too embarrassed to go out

I haven't stopped going out completely, (as you can read in my last post a friend of mine made a very mean comment and that made me wish i hadn't left the house) but i don't go out as much and i don't look at people in the face and i hide behind my hair. Pretty much i'm a different person when i go out, and that's just as bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
(female)

Coops2716 HB User

Hi Newbie here,
I also dont go out very often. Ive basically lost all my friends, keep in contact with a few but when it comes to seeing them I can never arrange anything cos I don't know how good/bad my skin will be.
I only take my son to school and go to my parents really.
Its really getting me down, Ive been like this for years. My next attempt at sorting my skin is my diet which is gonna be hard.
Where bouts in the uk are you from Kinsky??

Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
(female)

Awakening HB User

No, you're not the only one. I thought I was the only one! There are probably tons of others out there too. I stopped going out about 2.5 years ago ( I step out once in a blue moon) that's when I started doing tons of research of my condition and how to help it with diet and such. I haven't lost all my friends exactly, I just told a huge lie that might make my life worse in the future. I said I moved to another country to pursue my dream job lol. I didn't want to lose them because I know that some day I will get better. I'll have to deal with my lie when the time comes. Acne has completely messed up my life...

Old 07-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Just last weekend i had a chance to go to a waterpark but didnt cause my face was brokout,bummer.This sunday im going to ocean city for 5 days ,im worried my face is gonna breakout big time before i get there.Boy talk about stress.Take care.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
(male)

Hot-Rod HB User

Hello. My name is Rodney and i live in USA, California. I have acne pretty bad on my chest and back. Not so much on my face. I used proactive and so forth. Nothing really worked. I started going in the sun in my back yard. The acne seem to start clearing up. I suggest go out in your back yard or somewhere around your house and sit out. and tan for an hour every other day. Or go to a skin doctor. I forget what they're called. I'm sure there are solutions. Acne shouldn't rune your life, that's a bunch of crock. I'm sorry if it's that bad. I've also had egazma and after i got a sunburn and went to a camp and just barred the embarresment from my acne/egzama. It actually started getting better. I think the acne deals with stress and the sun. I really hope this helps you.

Sincerely Rodney.

Last edited by Hot-Rod; 07-11-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
(female)

ordinary10 HB User

hi-

gosh do i know that feeling all too well. i know exactly how you feel. everybody gets mad at me constantly cuz i won't go to the pool or the beach or to sleep over anywhere cuz of my face. unfortunately i still have to go out. i have school and i have work and as much as i hate people seeing i can't put my life on hold cuz i can't afford too. before i go out i pile up my face with tons of make-up and even tho i hate it it's what i have to do. it really does suck. i'm so sorry for your struggles but you don't have to feel alone. i hope things get better for you and remember that there are people who understand. hang in there

good luck
-ordinary

Old 07-11-2007, 06:07 AM   #8
(female)

kinsky HB User

HI, i dont know if i am doing this right ( if i am replying to these messages or not?). I live in a place called milton keynes in buckinghamshire. I am glad to hear im not the only one. I didnt go out for years and then i went on yasmin and lymecycline and it worked really well, i only got the odd few but every time i tried coming off my skin developed spots in places id never had in my life and it was bad!! I had to go back on it so im clear again but i have to come off it so in 2weeks i go on roaccutane !!!! Even though im clear (skin) at the moment i still find it hard to talk to people and hate being in the same room, i go quite and shy which makes me look a prat. Im dreading going on roaccutane as i fear my skin will get really bad and i know i will not go out, its hard. At least there are people out there like me i suppose. Thanks for replyingxx

Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #9
(female)

kinsky HB User

Am i using this thing properly? Is anyone geting my replies? Im a bit thick when it comes to computers!

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #10
(female)

kinsky HB User

I told lies to thats how i stopped seeing friends,making out i was moving on doing other things its terrible that we had to do it aint it

Old 07-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #11
(female)

fyreproof HB User

I try not to let it get me down, but unfortunately it also keeps me from going out whenever I would like to

Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 PM   #12
(female)

VitaNut11 HB User

You should't be embarrased to go out!! Don't let acne stop your life. What kind of skincare regime do you use? That has alot to do with your acne flair ups.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #13
(female)

kinsky HB User

Hi, I live in milton keynes in buckinghamshire. Where do you live. Glad im not the only one

Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #14
(female)

FireEyedGirl HB User

Oh me too, I've had the worst problem with acne forever! I don't have any friends at all and a lot of the reason is because of my acne, I just feel disgusting when people look at me. I'm now trying to drink tons of water and find a solution. Gosh, people who have clear skin are so lucky!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #15
(female)

citylove1101 HB User

acne shouldn't have the power to rule your life, though unfortunately we let it. see your dermatologist and definitely consider going on antibiotics or accutane(i just wrote a thread about my experience). i used to be in your shoes, self conscious and hating my face, but i'm on the road to clear skin and you deserve to be too. DON'T GIVE UP! the fight is worth it, believe me.

Closed Thread