It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
(female)

babygurl77 HB User
Reviews on Paula's Choice Products

Hey everyone....
im interested in trying some of paula's choice products..i have both her books 'dont go to the cosmetics counter without me' and 'the beauty bible'...ive read a lot in these books..
i took accutane last year and finished in aug..i have good results..but i could use some improvment..i just recently broke out with the worse pimple(s) since taking accutane..i also dont like my skin tone...and i have the smallest little bumps that are nothing..like not a zit or anything..maybe a clogged pore? i dunno..
i would like to try the 1% BHA gel or lotion and the blemish fighting stuf??
has anyone used these before? do they work well? do you initial breakout using this? if so, how much? did it cause any reactions or irritations?
sorry for all the questions..i just wanna make sure im buying a good product
thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: Reviews on Paula's Choice Products

i've used some paula's choice products. overall, they're very good.

if you're going to use a BHA product, i'd suggest using a liquid. its less likely to clog pores. i liked the 2% BHA liquid. it helps to unclog pores and get rid of blackheads.
the 8% AHA is really good for your skin tone and fading scars, but it stings real bad and can cause irritation.
i often use the Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask as an overnight moisturizer. yeah, its a mask, but it doesnt feel mask-like and it moisturizes really well when i have dry skin.
i also use the Skin Balancing Carbon Mask once in a while. i absolutely love it. it dries up oil and really helps to take the redness out of my skin.
i have used the Extra Strength Blemish Fighting Solution on occasion. it works ok, but i think its too strong and too drying for my skin. the regular one might be better.
none of the products i tried have caused a breakout for me.

if you're not sure what to buy, you could always just order some of the samples to try out before spending money on full size products. each sample comes in a little packet and if you're careful, you can get 4-5 uses out of each one. thats what i did and it helped me narrow down what works and what doesnt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

babygurl77 HB User

theres gotta be more paulas choice users out there/????

Old 07-13-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

baby, yes, I'm a Paula's Choice user! I have used her make-up (still do) and some of her facial cleansers. I really enjoy her products and I really LOVE her "no-slip" concealer. (sp?) I have used her BHA liquid (I forgot what the % was, sorry) and I liked it. I am using Retin-a, so I think it was a bit too much for my face. It dried out my skin too much. I would rate her products a sure 9. I've never had any problem and swear by her make-up. Good Luck! Kym.

Closed Thread