It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
(male)

dugary1234 HB User
Angry roaccutane

Ive just found this board and wow i wished id found it earlier so many great tips and things to try.
So i will return the favour-my tip, dont try roaccutane. Myself and some friends took it when we were teenagers im still suffering 15 years later another of my friends died shortly after. The story of roaccutane is web of lies, frauds and backhanders that span several decades.

Some facts for anyone taking or thinking about taking Accutane/Roaccutane,Isotretinoin,13-cis-retinoic acid.

1. It does work! but not always for ever, my acne returned after 2 years, the damage will last a life time.

2. Isotretinoin is one of the most dangerous drugs available-
Out of 500,000 drugs the FDA indicate that Accutane/Roaccutane is number 4on the FDA top ten list of medications attracting serious adverse reaction reports and is number 5 on the FDA top ten list of medications attracting severe psychiatric adverse reaction reports.

3.The company which sell Accutane/Roaccutane number 1 in the list of top 100 corporate criminals of the 1990's.
They have been convicted of not only financial fraud but also illegal medical frauds.
This includes largest ever-international fraud requiring payment by R**** of a fine of $500 million to the FBI and a fine of $462 million to EU authorities.
This includes $30 million criminal fine plus a $20 million civil penalty for defrauding government health insurance programs by marketing a drug for medical conditions for which the drug had not received FDA license approval.

4.Members of the FDA were paid by R**** to hide how dangerous Accutane/Roaccutane is-these people have now been sacked/stepped down.

5.Accutane/Roaccutane is very profitable $675,000,000 in 2001.

6.The list of side effects is massive and serious side effects are not limited to
just mental conditions it can effect many major organs-they just paid 2.6 million to a guy because he had to have his bowel removed because of accutane.

7.It took 170 cases of suicide, suicide attempt or suicide ideation and 40,000 adverse drug reactions before they would put a warning on the packet.

8.Accutane/Roaccutane causes birth defects.

9.So why do doctors still prescribe this stuff? surely they wouldnt give me something that could kill me? - Doctors have been paid or lied to!
A documented case shows payments were made by R**** subsidiary of $161 million in fines and penalties for participating in illegal 'kick back' payments to doctors.

10.All people who take this drug experience side effects, some mild, some serious-flip a coin, it could be you.

I could go on for days, all of this is true- research for yourself, its frightening. If this makes just one person think twice then i have my good deed and made a positive difference....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: roaccutane

I took it and had no problems.. some acne returned, others like the acne on my back have completely disappeared. It has it's place for serious acne and is often the only hope for many.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

first off.. the side effects are not permanent and can ALL be controlled by monitoring by a doctor. The vast majority of people deal with the following: dry skin, chapped lips, dring of the hair and that's it. Some people CAN have thining of the hair, elevated cholesterol. A good doctor will monitor you monthly while on accutane to check your liver function and cholesterol. My doctor had me do a pregnancy test monthly as well as the blood test. I was on birth control to ensure I didn't get pregnant. The birth defects scare is null and void if you prevent yourself from getting pregnant while on the medicine. The psychological part is usually only seen in teenagers, which I personally think can probably be attributed to them being "teens" but still, if the doctor explains the signs to the patient, they should say "I'm not feeling right".. they can be taken off the medicine.. and side effects will go away.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
(male)

dugary1234 HB User

I appologize to the moderators and wakkochic for my last posts, its a subject i feel strongly about and i got carried away.

however the post contained valid information so heres an edited version.......

I will explain how accutane works- the reason that it works is what makes it so dangerous.

Accutane is a toxic drug used to kill cancer in the prostate, thyroid and importantly the brain. Because it influences gene-expression it is classified as a steroid.

Steroids increase hormone levels, accutane however lowers many different hormonal levels permanently by releasing vitamin-A 100 times the recommended dose.

effect of lower hormonal levels are a slower metabolism, or lower energy utilization, cell division and conversion rates in the body, which is why it is used to treat cancer!

accutane alters the capacity of transporting hormones, the capacity of metabolizing hormones to their most active forms, the capacity of the kidney to recycle the hormones, liver function, the capacity of the cells to take up the hormone, receptor expression and the sensitivity of these receptors.

accutane is found to affect many different kinds of receptors distributed in nearly every single organ in the human body. accutane is found to suppress several of these receptors. This means that when the hormone reaches the cell, there are less receptors that are to respond to the hormone. This in turn leads to a partial resistance of the hormone. Many factors are also indicating that accutane through complex chemical interactions change the affinity of the hormonal receptors, which means that the hormones bind less efficiently to them.

In the brain receptors are found for several hormones that are affected by accutane. These steroids in the brain are called neurosteroids. Accutane lowers substances regulating among other things cell survival and renewal of cells. Ie the brain cannot repair itself.

hormones are found to decline with age coupled with accutanes damaged receptors less hormone is binding which is why I can say accutane side effects are certainly permanent and actually get worse. In fact it causes permanent brain damage. Some people will not see the damage for years or until hormone levels drop sufficiently.

Permanent effects: asthma, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, depression, oxidative DNA damage, epileptic seizures, growth failure, hearing problems, liver degeneration, osteoporosis, ocular effects(degenerative), orbitofrontal cortex metabolism, altered oxygen uptake, proteinuria, albuminuria, micturition, muscle damage and loss of muscle mass, premature vascular disease, altered thermoregulation, white matter vacuolation damage, suicide, changes in salivary glands, salive secretion and salivary enzymes.

I could go on but my fingers are tired………

Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Guy1_USA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugary1234 View Post
Myself and some friends took it when we were teenagers im still suffering 15 years later another of my friends died shortly after.

Explain...

Closed Thread