It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2003, 04:54 PM   #1

darkangel HB User
Post actors and actresses

there are a lot of actors with acne scars. and it doesnt seem to be a bother. examples: jet li, bill murray.

but ive never seen an actress with visible acne scars. and thats what really dissapoints me. ive always wanted to get into showbiz or hollywood. and the fact that all actresses have flawless skin is very discouraging. i also feel that females are looked upon mainly for their beauty. hence the fact that all acresses have perfect skin.

oh well... i can always get into business.

DA

------------------
acne, the greatest battle ever fought

Old 07-31-2003, 12:05 AM   #2
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Hey girl--

yeah i know what u mean.. i work in the entertainment industry.. kinda.. im takin break while im giong to school. Im still struggling w/ my skin, only cuz of my unhealthy diet. But im back far from being depressed, so im clearing up my skin with Dr. Hauschka's product.

Rebecca Romjin-Stamos and Kate Dawson uses this product.

chk it out.

When are u coming down to Orange County!?!?!?!?

=)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2003, 04:27 AM   #3

Lyndsey HB User
One word: Airbrushing.
Actresses are no more perfect than you or I.

Old 07-31-2003, 05:00 AM   #4
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Thumbs up

Ditto, cudn't agree anymore

------------------
*¤«´¨`·¸.¤*ººKa§hyºº*¤.¸·´¨`»¤*

Old 07-31-2003, 07:07 AM   #5

mudpixie HB User
Yeah, actresses' skin is really overrated.

Most people know that Cameron Diaz has acne, but she also has scars. She's had some surgeries or peels but she talked openly about her scarring in an interview once. The scars are just airbrushed out in her movies and photos. I'm sure there's some actresses who really do have perfect skin (Reese Witherspoon has the BEST skin- ugh), but there's plenty of "normal" people who have perfect skin too. It's just genetics and luck of the draw.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:44 AM   #6

Scooterman HB User
There are a ton of males w/ leading roles that have very promimnent acne scarring.....

like Laurence Fishburne, he's got a face full of them but they look really shallow....I bet he could get those removed if he wanted but they probably don't even bother him.

And Ray Liotta, he has some really deep ones on his cheeks....same with Jet Li. Brad Pitt and Ricky Martin are both considered very attractive but they both acne scars. The dad in Selena has a lot too, and who can forget crater face from "Grease" (man I feel so bad for that guy!)

As for females, the only ones I know of are Cameron Diaz, Liz Hurley and Vanessa Williams but I'm sure there are more....

Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 AM   #7

darkangel HB User
hey crazy about blue,
im leaving las vegas on the 7th of august and im staying in costa mesa. Dr. Hauschka's product huh? ill have to check it out. so you are getting good results with this product?

cameron diaz has acne scars?!? she is absolutely gorgeous. and i think its great that she is open about it. shes one of my favorite acresses.

Old 08-01-2003, 01:53 PM   #8

mangomonk HB User
i think darkangel has a point girls are looked at by beauty, and if your not beautiful or cute or pretty your practically ignored, its like girls are only, nice body, nice chest, legs, hair, and clear smooth skin.

Old 08-01-2003, 03:05 PM   #9
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Lightbulb

The standard for physical beauty is MUCH higher for women than men, even in "real life"! Not only with acne/acne scars, but also if you consider aging and weight. Everyone is so much more forgiving with men. Men are considered to be "rugged" and "distinguished" and "filled out", while women are often unfairly called "aged" and "haggard" and "chubby."

I also agree with the comments about airbrushing. And don't forget about special lighting, computer effects, special (caked on) makeup, expensive skincare, and plastic surgery! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Cameron Diaz is notorious for having bad skin. I don't even think it's acne scars; I think it's acne or rosacea.

Old 08-01-2003, 03:08 PM   #10

GriffinS09 HB User
I'm sure you would look just as flawless when it comes to your complextion if you had professional makeup artists too. Everyone looks good on TV because their always wearing so much makeup that you could scrape it off with a nail file.

Don't be discouraged by the appearance of someones complextion on TV. You too can make it on the big screen with hard work and determination. :-)

P.S - Jessica Biel from 7th heaven. Great complextion right? Sure, on 7th heaven. Did you see her on MTV's punked? She was caught off guard while at a resteraunt and boy oh boy, did her skin look different. She didn't have any makeup artists around.

Best of luck to you!

Old 08-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #11

Scooterman HB User
One thing I've noticed is that lighting, yes LIGHTING makes the biggest difference.

I was watching the "spanish channel" on TV the other day just because I was so amazed at the people's skin....I mean everybody had such a perfect glowing complexion. Well there was one shot that was from the side and lighting was only on one person in the shot and the other person's skin looked BAD! Tons of little pimples everywhere and a few indented scars! Then the camera went right back to it's normal fixed position and her skin looked perfect again.

Old 08-02-2003, 11:47 AM   #12

darkangel HB User
TimDream, i agree. us women have to live up to much higher standards when it comes to beauty.

ive been thinking about something. take Jet Li for example. he has acne scarring all over his cheeks (weird, ive never really noticed until i had acne myself) but it doesnt interfere at all with his reputation as an actor.

but if a woman had the same acne scarring as him, and i dont think any makeup could cover it, i doubt she would get the same respect. no matter how talented of an actress she is, she would just be a target of criticism. guys would just not find her attractive and wont bother to see her movies and girls wouldnt bother either because she wouldnt be an idol when it comes to beauty.

but im just referring to the views of others. i, myself, have learned that beauty is past the skin, and if any actress could make it that far with acne scars, she would be my biggest inspiration and my most admired idol.

DA

------------------
acne, the greatest battle ever fought

Old 08-02-2003, 07:54 PM   #13

Amaru HB User
Just about everyone has some blemishes, bumps, and other flaws on their skin. Its so amazing now that I scrutinize peoples skin I can spot something on just about anyone. When you look at certain magazines that take pics of celebrities offgaurd you can see some amazing stuff. I have seen supermodels who have guts when there on vacation and not expecting to be noticed. Britney spears looks like she has flawless skin on TV but she has inflamation on her forehead, oily skin, and bumps scattered around here and there.
I know this sounds horrible how we scrutinize these people but bottom line is we are all the same, imperfect human beings and thats a good thing.

Check this site out [url="http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/music3.html"]http://itsb.ucsf.edu/~vcr/music3.html[/url]

This is reality people!

Old 08-02-2003, 10:47 PM   #14

kweli HB User
the best makeup(even the guys)/ makeup people that money can buy. I also heard if they have the smallest of imperfections..they will shoot it with cortisone right away.

Old 08-03-2003, 12:52 PM   #15

PurpleBetta HB User
J.Lo and Britney also have acne problems, too. You can hardly ever see it because they wear alot of make up to cover it, and they are airbrushed in pictures, ect. I've seen up close video's of J.Lo at award shows and even though she was wearing make up you could see the many bumps. Same with Britney. If you have a dream, persue it! Not all stars have 'flawless skin'. They just have awsome make up artists, and people to fix their photo's and films for them. You can still be gorgeous with blemishs. If you want to act, by all means don't let acne stop you!

Closed Thread