It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 04:59 AM   #1
(female)

Just looking HB User
Durac-Gel, Spironolact, and Tazorac do they work???

Hello:

Need an opinion poll. My derm yesterday put me on 100mg of Spiro once daily and Durac one daily in the morning. I'm nervous about using each of them because of the side effects on them. Has anyone had any luck with either of these and if so how long did it take? Anyone experience side effects from these?

I've suffered from acne most of my life now. I'm now in my late 40's and having a real flare issue right now. Been thinking of microdemabrasin but wasn't sure if your face had to be cleared first in order to try it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
(female)

tandjsmom HB User
Re: Durac-Gel, Spironolact, and Tazorac do they work???

I got a script for Duac gel (is that what you are talking about?) yesterday along with a free sample to try first, which I did last night. Today I already see improvement with just one use. However the acne free system did the same for me and then caused a severe breakout a week later. I will keep you posted.
p.s. I am 32.

Last edited by tandjsmom; 08-01-2007 at 07:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

The duac will speed things along but you will most likely be consistently clear within 4 months on 100 mgs. of spiro. and won't need it much any more

Old 08-01-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
(female)

Just looking HB User

Thank you for the insight. I decided to go ahead with the Durac-gel this morning. Used in the T-Zone area which is basically where my flare up are and the most oilest. Didn't seem to burn so I thought that was a good sign. Also washed my face with the Cephil(sp) which so far I seem to like. He gave me a sample of that. Does the Spironolact have any major side effects? I'm suppose to get a potasium check after a months use if I decide to start it.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just looking View Post
Thank you for the insight. I decided to go ahead with the Durac-gel this morning. Used in the T-Zone area which is basically where my flare up are and the most oilest. Didn't seem to burn so I thought that was a good sign. Also washed my face with the Cephil(sp) which so far I seem to like. He gave me a sample of that. Does the Spironolact have any major side effects? I'm suppose to get a potasium check after a months use if I decide to start it.
It's a diuretic so expect to be more thirsty, urinate more, and some people get more tired on it.

Closed Thread