It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2003, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

acneman HB User
Red face Pimples on lips

This is soo annoying. Since the past week I've been getting pimples on my lips. They grow on the area between the skin and lip. They are barely noticeable but they hurt a lot. They turn white with pus after 2 days and then they go away. I dont think these are cold sores since they look just like pimples and they're very small.

I'm thinking it's something I've been eating lately. Recently, I've been putting a lot of mustard in my salads. Also I've been eating those Guilt Free ice cream sandwiches, but not that many. I also started drinking those Jack Daniel's Country Cocktails, so maybe its the alcohol but I dont know. In addition I stopped taking my multi-vitamins.

Anyone else has experienced this before? How did you cure it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

SunKissed HB User
I had one before, but it was very small and did not turn red or inflamed like a regular pimple..I just let it go away on it's own-it was gone in a couple days. It's probably totally normal and nothing to worry about. I don't think your foods would cause them as long as you were washing your face every morning and night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 08:21 AM   #3

black_eyes HB User
Ive got 2 on my lips at the moment. I guess they developed as i have not been washing my lipstick/lipliner off properly. They are quite sore, but the area heals quite quickly.

Old 07-13-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
(male)

acneman HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by black_eyes:
Ive got 2 on my lips at the moment. I guess they developed as i have not been washing my lipstick/lipliner off properly. They are quite sore, but the area heals quite quickly.
I never use lip balm or anything like that, so I dont think I have the same problem as you. I'm beginning to think it might be the sunlight, since I've done a little bit of walking on campus lately.

Old 07-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
(male)

acneman HB User
I started using Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar a couple of weeks ago. Maybe my lips are reacting bad to it. I used Cetaphil Cleansing Bar before and didnt have any problems. Any ideas anyone?

Old 07-13-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Your toothpaste may be causing this. Try switching brands and be sure to rinse it all off from your lips and surrounding areas.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:24 PM   #7
(male)

acneman HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by poreoilyme:
Your toothpaste may be causing this. Try switching brands and be sure to rinse it all off from your lips and surrounding areas.
I'm using the same one I've always used.

Old 07-13-2003, 07:17 PM   #8

hockeyman HB User
hey man, ya i get them once in a while, there tiny, so i just try not pick them because it scars really easy there and they only last for 2 days at the most and you cant even notice them, so dont worry about it, you can get them anywhere

Old 08-06-2003, 09:46 PM   #9

blisssie HB User
since we're on the topic.. i've been getting what i think mite be cold sores lately? last week i had a pretty big one on the connection between skin/lip on my bottom lip.. thats pretty much gone but now i have this pimple looking thing just to the left and down alil from where my lips meet but its not drying up very quick.. how can u tell if its cold sores?

Old 08-07-2003, 12:49 PM   #10

blisssie HB User
cmon no one knows the diff between acne and cold sores?

Old 08-07-2003, 04:40 PM   #11

T-zone HB User
pimples/spots around the lip area are different to cold sores in a few ways,

Cold sores feel sore, spots will probably not hurt.

Cold sores are caused by a virus that penetrates the skin, spots are a bacterial infection growing in trapped sebum.

Cold sores last longer and are infectious, spots will go quicker and are not infectious.

Cold sores will not develop a white head.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #12
(female)

Lil1 HB User
Re: Pimples on lips

I think I have this pimple it's where the lip meets the skin. At first I thought that it was a cold sore but now I think it's a pimple. To get rid of it should I just use regular fash wash? I've never had an outbreak to my fashwash before. But it's not a small unoticable pimple it's actually pretty big =(

Old 01-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
(male)

hohum HB User

I have found an extremely sparse amount of information about lip pipmles on the net, it's good to see I am not the only one. I get lip zits more often than I like. I hate them the most because I think everyone is staring at it and think the worse (that its herpes, when it isn't). I find that I will get a red spot one day, the next day or two it will come to a head. As soon as it comes to a head I kinda stretch the skin around my mouth so the zit(s) ooze out on there own. I then hop in the shower(very warm to hot) in the hopes that the heat will help bring the crap out of the zit. I usually never acuatlly squeeze the zit. If I am lucky, the zit doesn't fill up and in a few days the redness is mostly gone. I also have had pretty bad acne most of my life. I have found no way to eliminate the outbreak of lip pimples or decrease the frequency. I am allergic to many things and wouldn't be surprised if my diet contributes the the problem. I have a feeling that tomato sauce, soy, or possible peanuts may somtimes help to cause the issue. I also find that I get zip zits mostly in the spring and early to mid summer.

What I think is hilarious, is that ***0 mentioned somethiing about "the dreaded lip pimple" on friday morning as I woke up, later that night the redness began. Drained the zit saturday night, and right now its red but not to bad. By the weekend there should be little to no redness.

Stay Strong and Keep Positive, Sometimes the Mirror is Your Worst Enemy!!!

hohum is out.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #14
(female)

acnelover HB User

Have you kissed anyone that uses lipbalm or lipstick? I know it sounds wierd but ingredients can transfer especially if they are in a waxy base.

Closed Thread