It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
(male)

NoLeafClover HB User
Angry Internal Warmth

From time to time, I experience these episodes of extremely hot sensations that seem to radiate out through my entire body. I know, I know. It sounds like hot flashes, but I am MALE. It always keeps my face very red/flushed, my pores huge and I would therefore assume more prone to breakout. Anyone else get these? I've heard of hormonal imbalances and wonder if others that have been diagnosed with such could offer any advice.

Old 08-09-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Thumbs up

Oh man! you are describing the same thing i experience. I am also a guy. ok this happens most of the time in day but usually not much in night. my face, neck and chest area gets so hot and it looks like the skin is trying to get rid of something which my body is neglecting (i am not allergic since i had an allergy test as well). i can see redness as you probably also see excess blood under the skin near those regions (forhead gets red as hell). I noticed i breakout more during when this is happening, i even noticed i dont break out until this happen. I dont know what it is but i am thinking of having hormone test done. I think it might be toxics in the blood, the body is trying to eliminate them through skin. Thanks for posting this symptom, i really want to know the cause behind it because i think there is largely a link between this and my breakouts. Do tell me what kind of tests you are thinking of trying to do. so far i can think of only hormonal test. is there a test for checking toxics or chemicals in blood?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 09:53 PM   #3
(male)

NoLeafClover HB User
Thumbs up

Faisaljawed007, I am glad we found each other concerning this symptom as well. I'm not really sure who to consult specifically. I have a derm appointment for the 8th of September and will ask the doc about it. I think, as you stated, that it is hormonal and will probably be easily diagnosed through some sort of hormone test. I've read posts in the past that people have seen endocrinologists about it and gotten hormone tests. They were put on medication and it seemed to clear them up. It is extremely annoying when it happens. I'm currently trying to "detox" myself by just eating fruits and veggies and also drinking aloe vera juice twice a day. We'll see what happens I guess. Good luck.

------------------
"I'd rather bleed out a long stream from being lonely and feel blessed, than drown, laying face down in a puddle of respect"

Closed Thread