It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 12:09 PM   #1

barbie_d0ll HB User
Question ANY LUCK WITH RETIN- A MICRO?

Has anyone had any luck with Retin-A Micro? Or is it just anything waste on time product? Im on it for about 3 weeks this coming Thursday and its drying my skin, however I see very slight improvment on my forehead & chin. I ordered Proactive, does that work at all either?

Old 08-09-2003, 03:03 PM   #2
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Hey Barbiedoll! I also want to give retinamicro a try but i hav had kind of bad experience with erythromycin, it also coontains tretinoin which made my skin very red and dry but i did notice improvement in acne. I only stayed on it for 6 weeks as i was expecting a better treatment. Do update your progress with retinamicro since they claim that the gel is released slowly and not at once thus not giving lot of peeling and redness. Did u notice any improvement yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 06:20 AM   #3
(female)

summer33ny HB User
I used retina micro and benzoyl peroxide. This combination was the best for me out of all the topical treatments I've tried. I found that the retina dried my skin too much and made it peel and look awful if I slept with it on at night. So for years I put benzoyl peroxide on when I slept and retina micro on during the day under my make up (as was suggested by my derm). This worked pretty well, alhough neither really cleared my skin completely. I'd still wake up with a large zit every so often. Thankfully accutane has cleared me up more after a month, than retina and benzoyl have done for years!

Old 08-10-2003, 07:26 PM   #4

x3collx3 HB User
i use retin a micro but i don't have BAD skin it does dry up and work for me but i guess depends on the severity i felt a huge one on my chin i was out last night came home washed off my make up and loaded it on loll and now ahh much better!

Old 08-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #5

jesseinSF HB User
All I can say is that it worked for me, in a combination...I have been clear for 3 weeks now...this is my routine...PM: I wash my face with Noxema triple clean (I'm telling you guys, after using Pro-Active, Dermafina, Aveeno, and just about everything else under the sun, this stuff works)I let my face dry and put on he retin-A micro then go to bed. AM: wash my face with the Noxema, let my face dry, put on the Duac gel....thats all....and my face is the clearest it has been in many years!

Old 08-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #6

Perseverant25 HB User
Retin-A micro seems to help make my ice pick scars less noticeable. I have been taking it for about a month but every few days I need to stop taking it for a few days because my face gets annoyingly pink and flaky.

I have two questions about how it helps scars.. (which is why I'm taking it) Is peeling of the skin necessary to improve scars? Also, is this just a temporary solution, like if I stop taking it, will the scars become more noticeable again?

Closed Thread