It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 09:53 PM   #1
(female)

knockemdead HB User
Post *cry*

I could honestly just shoot myself right now. I had a cyst pop up 2 days ago and I TOLD myself I wasn't going to mess with it. Well..tonight..after I washed my face, I got right up in the mirror and squeezed it a little bit. I got some pus out..along with some clear stuff..but not a lot. I can tell there's still more in there. Now it's even bigger AND red. I think I'm gonna have to get this bad boy injected. I just hope that when I wake up tomorrow, it looks a lot better so that I won't have to.

What can I do to help it go away??? I did the heat compress thing..and then put some BP on it.

Anything else?? Thanks.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:08 PM   #2
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
neosporin?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

knockemdead HB User
I'm allergic to neosporin. Grrrr. Should I have this thing injected?

Old 08-11-2003, 08:47 AM   #4

patienceandreward HB User
Dear knockemdead,

I'm not sure if polysporin is the same thing as neosporin, but after doing research on this board, I tried the following on those big unsqueezable cyst, and they were gone in just 3 days, leaving only a little tiny red mark that is only noticeable by me(prior to the following method, they would hang around for 10+ days, leaving a pit behind).

This is what I do for that big ugly thing:
am: use polysporin only (size of cyst decreased dramatically in less than 24 hours)
pm: use triamcinolone 0.1% cream, wait 10 minutes for absorption, then use tazorac

Personally, I'm not a fan of hydrocortisone (triamcinolone 0.1% cream) because it thins out your skin. So, I only use it for 3 days at the most, when the cyst is virtually gone.

Good luck

Old 08-11-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
(female)

knockemdead HB User
Thanks patience! I don't have those things on hand at the moment though. I read somewhere on this board that hot water + epsom salt compresses work wonders as well. Have you ever tried that before?? Has anyone ever tried it?? I did it this morning and it went down just a little bit..but man is this thing sore! It has given me a headache. Blugh. I really would like to get it injected but I'm scared to death that it will leave a scar. And to me..waiting it out (and not having to worry about a scar..because I never really get scars from cysts)..is way better than risking an indentation that takes 6+ months to go away.

I will definately try the epsom salt thing again tonight..!

But again..has anyone else tried this??

Thanks in advance.

<3<3

Closed Thread