It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
(male)

Enj HB User
Facial peel

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody could 'enlighten' me as to what a facial peel actually does.

The ones I see on TV are pretty drastic, but I'm not sure if the ones you can buy at chemists/online or anywhere else are quite different.

Also, if you do a facial peel, is it noticeable after you have done it? Not meaning if the results are good or not, but does your face look pretty banged up after? The ones I see on makeover programs on TV have great results, but for a while the skin looks quite bad, a lot of peeling. How long would it take to heal if this is the case? If it isn't the case, I assume that it doesn't look bad after you've done it?

thanks

Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
(female)

lfields HB User
Re: Facial peel

It's not too drastic. I had acne pretty bad too and lots of scarring. My dermatologist has her own skin center and that's where I got my first chemical peel. I got one called the vitalize peel. It's not too strong but strong enough to peel the outer layer of skin. I brought a package of 6 peels. It worked great for me and my skin was perfect for my wedding.

During application at office, you will notice the fumes are intense. You have to hold your breathe. You can't scrub or apply any meds to face like a week prior to peel. It will irriate and screw up peel. I normally get slightly red on first day. By 2nd or 3rd day I start peeling along the edges of my face. It's gross and sort of looks like you have a thin layer of elmers white glue faking from face. I normally take a day off work when the peeling is intense. You can't hide it with makeup...it only makes it worst. After the peeling stops...that it. It may so some very little peeling a week after.

They try and tell me to get it every 2 weeks. I don't. I dont think it needs to be applied that often plus it wouldn't seem like old skin will have time to build up to give you a good peel.

I am African America with a medium brown complexion. It definitely helped my scarring and dry up any pimples I have at the time and I seem to have clear skin for about 2 months.

I love it. I am accutane now so I cant get them now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
(male)

Enj HB User
Re: Facial peel

thanks for the reply.

so, basically, if i was to get a facial peel on a friday, it would look like i had something done to my face the following monday when i went into school?

best then to leave it to sometime over the school holidays?

Closed Thread