It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 01:46 PM   #1

darkangel HB User
Post is this punishment?

i came to think that i may be responsible for my own acne. maybe this is the way God chooses to punish me. i now realize how i was in the past years. i was a conceited person. i could look at myself in the mirror for minutes and just admire myself. and maybe i bragged a little too much. but worst of all, i was a horrible sister. i have a younger sister who i love very much. and ive always loved her very much but in the past, i know it didnt seem like it. i would call her ugly and always make her feel like it. i dont even know why i did this. my sister is a beautiful person, inside and out. and now, when i have acne, she is one of the few people who makes me forget about it. when i am feeling down because of my acne, she is who i talk to. always there for me. this makes me hate my past self even more. i am a strong believer in God and i hope that he will soon forgive my past behavior because i have truly changed. acne has made me a completely different person. please forgive me.

Old 08-11-2003, 03:08 PM   #2

Don't b Down HB User
wow da, i read your story and can relate to what your feeling...in many ways its alot like mine. I remember when my older brother had bad acne and later on he had some even worse health problems. I can't help but feel that I wasn't very suportive of him and was at times, to be honest, a real grade a jerk. I was ignorant and couldn't relate, but still always felt like he was my best friend, heck, ever since we were little.
While i don't know the particulars of your beliefs, i too believe very much in God. I don't believe that i (or you) am being punished now, though i do believe that our actions can have consequences even tho God forgives us. God has certainly allowed me to have this, but i know He can work it for my good. I know that this condition has been a very humbling experience for me.
In the past and even today i still struggle with proud feelings at times. Its funny, i can feel horrible about myself one second and the next feel proud... even at times feel proud about the suffering i have faced in my life. I think pride is just about the worst thing in the world (it is at the root of so many other horrible things). i've asked God to physically heal me, but perhaps a better prayer is "please make me humble".
Remember tho, through it all God loves and cares for you and knows exactly what you feel and what your going through

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." Psalm 51:17

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #3

wicketglen7 HB User
Well I have gotten in trouble already for talking about my faith as it is not allowed to be discussed here, so I will try to answer you without breaking the rules.
You are not being punished. It doesn't work that way. You are loved. Sometimes we go through trials in our life, but they are not used as punishment. Look, acne sucks. I don't know anyone who likes it. But you are the only one who can choose how to react to this period in your life. You can choose to let it grip you and take your focus off of what is really important, and let it make you angry and depressed, or you can give it up to and trust that you will be strong enough to deal with this and to not think about it as much or whatever.
I was always the pretty girl when I was growing up. I had the body and the looks and I was favored by it. I was always liked by tons of guys, I was popular had tons of friends, I was used to everyone wanting me. Then I started to get mild acne when I was 19. It was devastating. Here I was with 2 pimples constantly and I was depressed. Then when I turned 21 I broke out even more. Wow was it bad. My whole face was covered in acne. Small and cystic. I refused to leave my house. I wouldn't hang out with my friends anymore and let this get the best of me. Then I was given a thought a release if you will from the grip of the torment I was feeling. It didn't happen over night but over time. I am a new person now. I was humbled. I realize that it is not how I look that matters, but what and who I am on the inside that truly counts. For once I have to rely on me, not my looks, to get me jobs etc. It is hard at times but the only way to get through this is to trust. We don't have all the answers and we don't understand why these things happen to us. We try to search for a reason why this terrible thing is happening to us. "It must be my punishment for being cruel in the past" Don't give in to the temptation of that thought. It will destroy you. I know it is hard at times, I know the struggle. Don't let it sink it's hook in to you. Remember that through the trials can come great blessings and from the ashes, gold. Keep your spirits up and try not to be discouraged. With every new day, comes renewing and a fresh hope. Let your light shine from within and it will be soooo bright that that will be all that others around you will see. Your joy. Your happiness. Your beauty.

Old 08-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #4

Frogjive HB User
Nicely said wicketglen7
I agree with you totally. It depresses me when I read some of these messages where people are completely shutting themselves inside and missing out on things because of acne. I know how it feels to feel ugly and not want people to see me, but I have never let acne stop me from doing things. I think everyone should get out and do the things they want and not life pass them by. By the time your acne goes away, just think of the many things you have missed out on. Just my opinion on things. I know everyone deals with things differently and do what makes them feel better. I just wish everyone luck in finding their own cure for acne, but in the meantime, enjoy your life too with or without acne. My own personal opinion is that if you get out and do things and not dwell on the acne, it would relieve stress and maybe just maybe things will get better.
I dunno, just an idea
fj

Old 08-12-2003, 07:35 PM   #5

axiom HB User
No its not a punishment from god. Its 100% hereditary the only people to blame is my damn ancestor. And also the stupid dumb greedy acne product makers that make stuff that don't work. All they want is your money.

If this is punishment Bin Laden would die long ago. For all the innocent people he killed.

[This message has been edited by axiom (edited 08-12-2003).]

[This message has been edited by axiom (edited 08-12-2003).]

Old 08-13-2003, 01:01 PM   #6

Bernadette21 HB User
"Even after my skin is eaten by disease, while still in this body, I will see God"--Job 19:26. That's my favorite quote in all literature.

Closed Thread