It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2003, 10:03 PM   #1
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Question Ok list all the non-over the counter treatments

Hello guys! i created this post so people who are fed up with trying over the counter products which dont give them result know what other options are available before they give up hope and become more depressed. Feel free to provide a little information on how it works or add more info to my list. I am adding some which i know.

Antibiotics: many brands of which almost all of you are familiar with. works for most of us but chances are you will become resistant to it over time.

Acne lasers: many lasers use blue light technology to kill bacteria within the pimples. Treatment is effective but costly. Acne comes back after a while.

Lasers affecting the subacious glands: Ok this one is pretty new and i dont know if it is offered anywhere outside US but they produce a wavelenght of light which damages the gland, causing it to shrink thus producing less oil = less clogged pores. The downside is that it is new procedure and thus it is costly for most of us.

Vitamin A (retinoin) Well the mother of all treatments.....taken as naturally or as accutane....results are usually good along with some quite a bit of side effects. Again everyone know the treatment is usually 6 months and it works to reduce the sebum production by shrinking the subacious glands. Results are often very good. It is usually required only once for some people but for others, the acne returns within months to years.

Vitamin B5 ( pantothenic acid) Ok until coming to this forum i never knew what this was (thanks for all you guys and your information). As far as i know about this one, it works by aiding the body to metabolize the excess fats in the body by producing more of coenzyme-a. More "burning" of fats means the person has less fat to get rid of the body and there is less production of sebum. People also noticed shrkining in pore size. Almost everyone noticed headaches and diarrreah. Few people also posted tiredness, numb feeling in joints such as fingers, insomia and fewer people also posted hair loss as a symptom (i think hair loss might be because of defieciency of other B vitamins such as B2 and B7 which is caused by overdosing on B5.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread