It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
(female)

Neon1976 HB User
In-grown hairs or acne around pelvic area

I've had this problem since I was 15 years old, and now I'm 30! I first started noticing lumps/nodules on my mons pubis (I didn't shave or wax "down there" yet, I was only 15!) and I saw a dermatologist about it and they told me it was a boil and gave me antibiotics. Years down the road, the issue got a little worse, and I started getting more nodules (like really hard knots) and another dermatologist (world famous one!) told me that I needed antibiotics again. It seemed to me that this wasn't working too good, so I sort of just gave up on it. It got to the point where people I dated were asking if I had herpes, and I was completely embarassed about it and it ruined my sex life from then onward. I have scars from all of the problems that I've had down there and it's very painful for me to wear underwear. I was tested for everything by my gyno and they found nothing wrong. I was just given antibiotics every single time a doctor saw me!

I am now engaged and my fiancee has become really concerned with our sex life. I can't have normal sex because the bumps hurt, and I don't want him to even see them, so I get turned off really easily. I won't even let him touch me down there, and we are getting married! I just saw two doctors about it a few months ago, and they said it looks like ingrown hairs. I've even pulled the ingrowns out myself with tweezers, but I don't know how to prevent them. I've tried everything including: waxing, exfoliating, Tend Skin, acne washes, body acne washes, alpha hydroxy creams, all kinds of exfoliating creams with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am almost ready to try Proactive on it.. but it doesn't seem safe. Pleeease.. anyone!?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
(male)

ayron318 HB User
Re: In-grown hairs or acne around pelvic area

I get the same things in the same area but I'm a dude. They're like underneath the skin and they hurt like a ***** if you touch them or put pressure on them. My doctor told me that they where cysts and I was put on antibiotics and they went away, only temporary though. I know if you get a steamin hot wet rag and put a lot of pressure on them with the scoldin hot rag it helps. Brings the swelling of the cysts down a lot, but of course still isn't enough. I too need help on figuring out how to get rid of these. I was told it was passed down by my dad and I'd have to just deal with it until I grow out of it. I hope this is not true!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #3
(male)

leonidas HB User

I know you keep getting prescribed antibiotics, but are they helping or not? I have an ingrown-hair problem, too. Mostly on my face, but on my arms, too, for God's sake. I think you are being prescribed antibiotics because that's the only thing that will work. I don't think topicals will do a thing for them. They just don't penetrate down into the skin far enough. Personally, if I had a choice, I'd rather have them down south than on my face.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

americandancer HB User

Sounds like hydrogenitis. I think that's how it's pronounced or something like that. You may want to research that.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

Proactive will not work(read all the reviews from people that have tried it...haven't read anywhere online that it helps anyone)...but oral Accutane will. This is a serious acne medication and you will need blood work every month to be sure it isn't affecting your liver. But I sure would give it a try.

Closed Thread