It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #1

noname HB User
Post sea water and sun

i have pretty much comedons on my nose and on area around the nose. how will sun and sea water effect on my face at all?

Old 08-10-2003, 04:59 PM   #2

Don't b Down HB User
hey! of course the sun will tan you, but yea try not to get burnt... i've actually heard ppl say salt water helped clear up there skin and i certainly dont think it could hurt so just relax and enjoy urself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2003, 08:11 PM   #3

noname HB User
i haven't been on sun for about a year. so i have pretty big chances to get burn. how long i should stay on sun, and in what time? and one more thing, what kind of protection should i use, and should i put it on my face too. btw, thanks for the reply.

Old 08-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #4

boardguy16 HB User
salt water is good for your skin, it helps make it smooth, im guessing because of the tiny salt particles that brush your face while swimming.

Old 08-11-2003, 07:21 AM   #5

Don't b Down HB User
Cool

Sorry i was kinda slow to get back to you

Personally, after this amount of time i would take it slow at first (a few hours a day and not in the heat of the day). If you find you can tolerate two hours in the sun, then you can gradually increase your time. Above all, i think you need to listen to your body. If you are starting to get red or if your skin starts getting that warm tingly burning feeling, its time to run for cover . As for protection, i use something called "ocean potion" (my derm recomended it); i think its pretty good, its spf 30 so it provides alotta protection and its oil free, water and sweat resistant (all very important at the beach). And yes, i see no reason why not to put it on ur face...i almost always do. if you want to take even further precautions there is always protective wear (hats, visors, sunglasses, etc.). Hope this helps and don't forget to have fun!

Old 08-11-2003, 05:54 PM   #6

noname HB User
i'll do my best to have a good time. if nothing else, i'll do that because you said so thanks to all for the replies.

Old 08-13-2003, 07:10 PM   #7

noname HB User
just one more question. i have cuople red-brownish spots on the places where acne use to be. i read somewhere that sun will make them darker or something. is that permanent? will they be able to fade (heal) in time if i expose them to sun?

Old 08-13-2003, 10:30 PM   #8

Don't b Down HB User
i dont think it would be permanent but i can't say for sure...so anybody know from personal experience or otherwise? bump

Old 08-14-2003, 04:18 PM   #9
Inactive

Granite Guy HB User
just be sure you are using a SPF of at least 25 or more and really make sure it is derm. tested and oile free to keep your pores breathing.

------------------
It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous music!

Closed Thread