It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 11:33 AM   #1

lexus3902 HB User
Question Ortho Evra and acne?

Hi everyone
I just started using ortho evra (birth control patch) and i was wondering if any of you had any trouble breaking out on this drug. I have my sisters wedding comming up in two months where i will be the made of honor it is extremely important to me that my skin looks as good as possible so if anyone is aware of this causing breakouts please tell bye.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 01:08 PM   #2

starlitgem HB User
Exclamation

Ortho evra (the patch) gave me severe breakouts! I had the baddest and meanest acne while on the patch. Right now I'm on ortho tri-cyclen and it made my acne more manageable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 06:22 PM   #3

MysteryGrl HB User
I was on ortho evra for 3 months last winter and it broke me out in horrible cysts. I quickly went back to orthotricyclen which always kept me clear. It was a shame because ortho evra is so convenient.

------------------
Lori

Old 08-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #4

ElizaT HB User
Thumbs down

I've been reading this board for about a month, but only registered just now and am posting my first reply to let you know that I used Ortho Evra for about a month and started to break out horribly. After I stopped my acne persisted for about 4 months!!! Before using Ortho Evra my skin was pretty clear (I had very mild acne a few years ago, but my skin was looking rather nicely for the several months leading up to the Ortho Evra). I'm on my way to clear skin again (only one zit as we speak and it's pretty small . . .but now I have to deal with the hyperpigmentation due to the breakout). My whole experience with the Ortho Evra turned me off to hormonal birth control completely. By the way, I've gotten clear from using Duac and Neostrata AHA 15 Face & Body Lotion in the morning and Differin and Neostrata AHA 15 in the evening.

Closed Thread