It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 12:35 AM   #1

Sigh HB User
Exclamation PLEASE REPLY! need help!

Well i'll keep this short and sweet. I just finished Accutane about 2 months ago, and my acne has fully gone away(for the most part.)

But now I have redmarks all over my cheeks and my nose and such, so my Dermatologist gave me this:

Vitamin A acid 0.05% Cream. (Tretinoin cream)

She said it's an exfoliant and would help with evening my complexion.

So my question is if anyone has tried this, or has heard of it, and what kind of results you have gotten. I'm not going to use it until I get some feedback, any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-14-2003, 05:50 AM   #2

Sigh HB User
Anyone? Please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 08:18 AM   #3

Sigh HB User
I don't see how hard of a question this is. Has ANYONE tried this?

Old 08-14-2003, 08:36 AM   #4

Don't b Down HB User
i only used the Tretinoin gel (aka retin-a) for maybe a little more than a month. It seemed to clear my skin somewhat but i don't think stuck with it long enough to tell. you might do a search on the board..ive heard some ppl who it worked wonderfully for and others who didn't like it. only way to know for sure tho is to try it urself!

Old 08-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #5
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Lightbulb

I haven't tried it myself, but...have you tried to do a search on this board? You might be able to turn up threads from the past!

Old 08-14-2003, 01:16 PM   #6

Frogjive HB User
I used it nightly and it is great for making my red spots disappear. You will have to find a moisturizer that works well on your skin and maybe a gentle exfoliator because it will make your skin peel. I use St. Ives medicated scrub every other day and use Olay regenerist moisturizer. Some people say not to use the St. Ives Medicated scrub if you have sensitive or acne prone skin but it works great for me.
Hope this helps
fj

Old 08-15-2003, 05:55 AM   #7

patienceandreward HB User
Dear Sigh,

If you JUST finished Accutane, I would go really really slowly with the Tretinoin cream, for your skin may be quite sensitive right now (I've used Accutane 5 times). I would only use Tretinoin on ONE red mark every other day for the first one week to see how your skin reacts to it. If your skin doesn't seem to be irritated by it, you can increase it to once every day for another week. If your skin seems to react positively to the cream, then I would use it on all other red marks, sparingly. The key word is 'sparingly'.

I personally have tried almost all of the Vitamin A cream available on the market: tazorac, differin, Retin A, Renova, Avita, etc....... All of them except Tazorac irritated my skin. However, I used Tazorac following the method mentioned above. With other Vitamin A cream, I applied too much too soon.

If you want to know the detail of my skin regime & how I have finally conquered the battle w/acne, pls read my very recent post, with the topic, "Finally beautiful skin without oral medication".

Good luck & best wishes to you

Closed Thread