It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 06:32 PM   #1

GirlGirl HB User
Post Question for successful B5 users

I was wondering if other parts of your skin dried or became less oily? Did you experience/notice any dry or flakey skin on the parts of your body that is not oily?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #2
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
hey Girl Girl! I dont know about if it lessen oil on other parts of the body because i havnt tried it myself but i am planning to give it a try. Lot of posts i have read said that they seen lot of improvement in oil production due to less sebum being produced (the theory say that more co-enzyme A is produced by taking B5 and thus more fat is metabolized instead of being secreted through subacious glands). If the theory is correct, it should decrease oil from all parts of the body. BTW, are you too thinking of giving it a try? which brand are you thinking of using? maybe we can start it around same time and keep people updated on our progress.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 10:24 PM   #3

Memnoch636 HB User
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlGirl:
I was wondering if other parts of your skin dried or became less oily? Did you experience/notice any dry or flakey skin on the parts of your body that is not oily?
First off, I started B5 at 8 grams a day. I did not notice any drying at all. It simply took my skin much longer to become oily. Like, before I was on B5, I would wash my face, and within an hour I could see the oil formin on my forehead. But now it takes about 4 hours, depending on what i'm doing...
I had an initial break out, that lasted for a week, on my back. Don't get discouraged and quit the system. I have a feeling many people on this site got to the first break out period and freaked out. But from what I hear, Acutane does the same thing, and I know most antibiotics have an innitial break out too.
So no, I never noticed any overdrying of my skin, or any irritation at all. I guess i found the right amount for me right off. I'm down to 4 grams a day, and have NEVER had clearer skin. I might go down to 3, or 2 grams, but don't want to push my luck.

Old 08-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #4

curiousz HB User
Is b5 good for mild/moderate acne?

I'm not sure if I have REALLY oily skin or not...I never worry too much about my oil as some people here do...but will it solve my few pimples every so often that get inflamed? will it solve inflamation problems?

Old 08-10-2003, 07:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
It's helped me and i suffer with mild but persistant acne,i only take a low dosage so my oil production doesn't really alter i have noticed i stay dry alot longer though.
I currently take 2000mg daily thats 2 grammes and i stay mostly spot free apart from the odd spot every now and again.
My back is totally clear when i take B5 which i am really pleased about as nothing else has ever helped that area.
Good luck give it a try and see how you get on.

Old 08-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Scouselad and I started at the same time. I continue to have clear skin all over that is less oily. My chest, back, and scalp oil decreased significantly, and my face takes longer to become oily than it did without B5. I have no dry or flaky skin anywhere, just less oil and no breakouts in problem areas.

Old 08-10-2003, 03:22 PM   #7

curiousz HB User
Wow..that's good news...you had mild/moderate but persistant acne (like I do)?

Also, how much do you use? I'm not too keen on using 10 mg/day...

4-5 (8-10 pills) would seem better.

Also, what brand of b5 do you use?

I've heard reports of b5 giving people cystic acne...I don't see how that is though, and was your "initial breakout" bad?

Old 08-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #8

GirlGirl HB User
I have tried a three week B5 (10g) regimen and now I notice that my skin is more oily since I stopped. I finally came across some Twin Lab B5 and will try the B5 again starting tomorrow. I thought that nothing really happened with my initial 3 week trial, but now that I am off of it, I can tell that it did help a little. I swear my feet were a bit dry while on the B5! Or maybe I am just imagining things. I am excited to start the Twin Lab and will definitely give it a couple months. I was hoping for more dramatic results but I have read other posts that perhaps the brand of B5 makes a difference and that some people need to take it longer. I hope this works. I am so &*#$@^ tired of my greasy face and clogged pores.

Old 08-10-2003, 07:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I stick with 6 grams of TwinLab.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:16 AM   #10

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi Folks,

Hope you guys n gals are all well.

I've been busy and haven't posted here for a while. Hope dsheldon and micheguns are feeling better these days compared to a couple of months ago.

I gave up on B5 after a couple of weeks or so - it made me too lethargic and kinda weak.

I've stuck to the exfol serum (2% salisylic) and copper peptide serum from skinbio for a couple of months now. It does work; how long it will take to smooth my facial skin is yet to be seen.

But my skin is softer and smoother with reduced redness and diminished scarring after a couple of months of use. I didn't take any pics to see the difference, but I do see and feel it.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:24 PM   #11

facial HB User
Angry

Beware! stay away from B5. I had very mild acne and got tired of the 2 or 3 pimples i would get a week. I decied to try B5 because i heard it was as good as accutane, and my derm would never give me the real accutane. After one week i had a bad break out on my cheeks and upper face. I continued the b5 thinking it was just an initial breakout, but after 1 month my face still horrible. I stopped the b5 and the acne went away but i had a lot of scars. I went from a cleatr face with a couple of pimples a week to a face full a scars. Im currently on accutane and its great i have'nt had one pimple in 2 months and most of my scars are clearing. The bottom line is B5 might have some success stories; However, It has never been tested nor proven. Stay away from it.

Closed Thread