It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Exclamation Please provide suggestions to this diet

hello everyone! I read a lot about foods having high glycemic index and acne on this forum. I want to see if my breakouts can be lessen by avoiding this type of foods. Below is my usuall normal daily diet, please provide suggestions to any "Danger" food you spot.

Breakfast: fried egg, 2 slices of whole grain bread, usually a raisin brand or whole grain cereal (i dont put sugar in it), yogurt and glass of Topical 100% citrus juice.

Snack: a can of fruit salad or fruit yogurt or sometimes fruits (apples, bananas, pears, apricots, plums, kiwi). (i try to avoid junk food as much as possible, may be once or twice a week. i highly avoid creams, chocolates, butter, jam, cake and caffeine (coke and tea)

Dinner: white rice, chicken (cooked, i avoid fried), beef, red beans, salad, fish, soya, spinach, potatoes, peas, cabbage, eggplant.

Old 08-16-2003, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Hm you might want to lower the carbs. Things like juice and bread don't do much nutrition-wise.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #3

ElizaT HB User
I wouldn't term any of these foods "dangerous," but if I were on a low carb diet (wait a minute . . . I am), I would (do) avoid the following on your list:

Breakfast: bread (unless low carb, which you can find online or at GNC), cereal (which also means milk . . . both high carb), yogurt (lots of carbs there too), juice (way too much sugar).

Snack: a can of fruit salad (i'd avoid the can of fruit and go for fresh berries, canteloupe, honeydew or watermelon . . . relatively low carb compared to apples, bananas, pears and the like).

Dinner: white rice (a BIG no no), potatoes (ditto).

Anyway, I'm low carbing not for weight reasons or for skin purposes, but because carbs make me lethargic and bloated. If avoiding high carb/high glycemic foods has other positive side effects, that's super!!!

Old 08-16-2003, 02:52 PM   #4
(male)

faisaljawed007 HB User
Thumbs up

Thanks all you who have given me their opinions. I think most of my diet is mainly carbs. I think i need an alternative to juice. The only reason i eat yogurt and milk with cereal is to meet my calcium needs. I am going to cut down on potatoes and rice as much as possible.

Old 08-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #5

PurpleBetta HB User
Thumbs up

Just wanted to say low-carb diets are VERY effective for loosing weight and clearing skin. There are even chocolate bars out there that have absolutely no carbs at all.

Closed Thread