It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #1

blissgirl HB User
Exclamation only 9 days till school!

hi guys. first off, id like to say that i was really lucky to find this great forum.

but anyways, theres only 9 days left till school starts for me and ive barely improved since school was let out in June . oh, i feel horrible. i remember telling myself at the end of last school year that ill have the whole summer to clear up and when school starts again, ill make a great new entrance. but my dream is gone. i only have 9 days to show some real improvement. i feel like ive failed myself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #2

nomoreacneplz HB User
I feel the same way =(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 10:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
yep,
me too....only 10 more days till school starts and i am in a pickle with my skin, as i was last semester and boy did last semester really suck. i guess i can look forward to another semester hibernating away from others.

Old 08-16-2003, 08:10 AM   #4

drowningjuliet HB User
i was the way u guys are every year now this is my last year of school and i started accutane april 2nd and i can at last say im clear. i bet no one will notice lol. but at least i feel so much happier. one day itll happen for u all.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:09 AM   #5

Scooterman HB User
Same freaking thing here.

I almost had a nervous breakdown on the last night of summer before the first day of school last year (before my sophomore year).

Being the paranoid idiot I am, I took a mirror out into direct sunlight and looked at my face. BIG MISTAKE. Because of that I went from telling my mom I wanted to be home schooled to wanting to drop out to wanting to kill myself all within about 30 minutes. That whole summer almost every night I dreamed of walking into school on the first day w/ perfect skin and of course it didn't happen....

And the story repeated itself this year - big summer dreams that amounted to nothing. I really didn't care this year though....I'm just looking forward to the day I'm clear.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:50 AM   #6

aTearForsaken HB User
i know how all of you feel. i have 2 weeks of summer left and ive hid almost all summer. well my face is clearing but im still terrified to go back to school. we all know how insensitive other kids can be. at the end of the last school year i broke our severly and people shamelessly pointed it out. I remember one guy asking me "does it hurt" i replied yea and he said as loud as he could "So it hurts and makes you hideous!?" i remember going hom and just crying and crying well dont worry guys because when our skin clears imagine how beautiful we'll all be, besides im sure that each and every person on this board is attractive if not physically then because of our personalities.

Old 08-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #7

darkangel HB User
last year i was tormented every day of school. by either "friends", people i didnt even know, or even a teacher. i kept calm most the time though because i just told myself "wait till next year, these guys will be sorry that they werent on my good side". but i feel so stupid for thinking that. my face has barely improved and the torment will start all over again. when am i going to clear?!?

i was actually clearing quite well until the end of June when my parents went out of town for 20 days. they left us home with our aunt who cant drive so we had to stock up on all those frozen processed foods from wal mart. on top of that, i got all these sweets like chocolate pop tarts and brownie mix. more than i needed. and my face started to break out again. so for me, food is definitely a factor of my acne. i know that for sure. i bet if i hadnt broken out then, my skin would be close to clear now.

DA

------------------
acne, the greatest battle ever fought

Old 08-16-2003, 04:15 PM   #8

PurpleBetta HB User
I know food is definately a factor for me, too. If I eat lots and lots of sweets it definately effects my skin. I know sodas do, too. Not ALL soda, mainly pepsi and coke. I try to steer clear of those things. A little bit is fine, but a ton is not.

Closed Thread