It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 05:43 AM   #1
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
Post Aloe Vera is BROKEN

I have a few red marks on my cheeks which have been there for about 4 months.

Last week I decided to buy 96% aloe vera gel, and applied it for the next few days. I had universally heard great things about this plant in its gel form in terms of its ability to speed up the heeling/fading process.

However, I am CERTAIN that it made things far worse. Before my red marks were very faint - NOW they are very red and seem much bigger.

I was really disappointed and surprised...

Has anyone else had this experience?

Cheers,
The Accutane Avenger
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #2

nomoreacneplz HB User
bump

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 03:23 AM   #3

Hopetimistic HB User
Hi AccutaneAvenger,

From my experience, aloe vera gel appears to exfoliate before healing.

So, for the first few days after an application, some red marks and scabs may well appear until the dead cells get sloughed off and new skin appears and takes their place. That's my experience.

So, I would use aloe vera gel sparingly, say once or twice a week. Apply a bit it on Friday morning, and hopefully, it would have healed by Monday morning.

You need to experiment a bit with it. But I still feel it is a very good gel that has great skin healing properties.

All the best.

------------------
The above is only my Personal Humble Opinion, Folks.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the experts, and seek the advice of others as well.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Old 08-16-2003, 11:33 AM   #4

Tummy HB User
I havent broken out in about 5 months and I started using 100% aloe instead of lotion after a shower. Cant say it was the aloe, but I'm having one the worst breakouts I've had in months and I havent done anything differently but this substitution. Going to be weeks before I can get back to normal, but I ditched the aloe. Youd think it would be fine, but it's a little coincidental.

Old 08-17-2003, 05:14 AM   #5
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
@ Tummy: OMG!!! I also broke out on aloe - I put some on a small area of my nose and had a major breakout there as a result!!!

@hopetomistic: Thanks for the info mate - I think I will try this out when I get enough courage (and don't have any important meetings to attend LOL!!)

Cheers.
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Closed Thread