It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 05:00 PM   #1

Melissa1 HB User
Post Plexion Cleanser

Has anyone tried Plexion Cleasner? I got some samples from my derm today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 08:18 AM   #2

PoisonTheWell HB User
I love the stuff...I thought that I was the only one who used it. I think it's not really for acne but works on some people acne. I have been on it since september and I had moderate acne then. Now I have mild acne...well almost no acne...just large pore and blackheads. Plexion is great it took all the redness out of my skin. It dries me out a little but not as bad as acne soaps. I have never seen better results from something else on my skin. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #3

elsie9191 HB User
I was going through the archives and pulled up this thread. Poison the Well-are you still happy with this face wash. I just started about a week ago and so far, so good. Anyone else out there using this?

Old 06-11-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
elsie, I received samples of Plexion too about 2 weeks ago. I like it and use it in the morning only. It does not remove make up, so for me at night use would not work out. But overall, I like it. A little drying, but I like it that way. Good luck.

Old 06-11-2003, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Poisonthewell, have you thought about adding BHA for your large pores and blackheads?

Old 06-11-2003, 07:59 PM   #6
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
my derm has me mix it with brevoxyl creamy. together they are nice and drying

Old 06-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #7

elsie9191 HB User
Dee
You and I sound alot alike. I think we might have even been to our derms on the same day (5-30-03). That's when I got the Plexion cleanser, mask, Azelex, and bactrim. I can't believe how fast things are progressing. After using BP, Differin, Retin A Micro and tons of other stuff only to look 10 times worse after 2 weeks, this has been like a miracle to me

Old 06-12-2003, 03:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
elsie:

So so cool that you are seeing results! Finally!!

Yep I was at the derm on 5/30. And funny thing is, she didn't suggest the azelez or the Plexion..I just asked for it cause I never had used either and had heard good things about them here! She thought I was improved...I agreed, but was mainly concerned with the hyperpigmentaion and left over red spots. After asking her for a fade cream, she mentioned Azelex cause fade creams would not be covered under insurance.
I was thrilled to get the samples!

Azelex has made a HUGE DIFFERENCE in how my skin looks. Minocin & Retin A I guess are helping with
the cysts, but Azelex is getting rid of the past horror my face endured, and it's effects are so fast. My skin is loving it because I've never used it before. I think my skin gets immune to things, namely Retin A and the Proactiv line.

Good luck to everyone here.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:34 AM   #9

elsie9191 HB User
Dee
It will be 3 weeks on Friday. Are you happy with your results with the Plexion & Azelex. Things are going good for me, so far. Let me know.

Old 06-18-2003, 10:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hi elsie and deedee,
well my derm. yesterday said that i should wait on the plexion cleanser and just stick to either the neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser (at night to get rid of sunscreen or makeup (not that i can wear makeup now though)) or neostrata facial cleanser in the morning (if i feel a little tight or dry) and he said to use the azelex 2x a day. now, elsie, i know you use it once a day, and deedee, you use it twice and are not dry from it. and elsie you don't need a moisturizer or spf in the morning and deedee you put a moisturizer on after the azelex in the morning? please correct me if i am wrong, becuase i am still a little unsure of how my skin is reacting to the azelex...i am not as tight or dry or flaky as on the tazorac (i have only been using the azelex since saturday though)....so how does my routine sound to you...
AM: wash with neostrata or neutrogena
apply azelex
apply neostrata oil free lotion (if needed)
PM : wash with neutrogena
apply azelex
thanks a lot girls, glad to hear you are doing well,
i just hope this stuff helps rid me of my marks which have been there for at least 6 months (and are very purple and red, i have a lot that you can't even really make out that i have cheeks (lol))!
-M

Old 06-18-2003, 11:57 AM   #11

elsie9191 HB User
M
I think you just have to do what's right for you. The way I'm thinking this through is so much different than it was 2 years ago. Before I would do EXACTLY what my derm told me. Before if the Azelex would have started burning, I would have just sucked it up and suffered instead of rinsing it off. Sometimes, the things I was using would make me so dry I could barely smile for fear my face would crack. I have a picture from Christmas with all my cousins and my cheeks are so red that I look like Santa. I guess when I turned 18 I must have grown a brain cause now when something starts to irritate me, I immediately back off. If something is irritating, continuing to use it isn't going to make it better. With what I'm using now, my skin finally is starting to feel normal and is finally starting to clear. I guess what I'm trying to say is your derm isn't there everyday with you when you look in the mirror. If YOU think you need to back off, then do it. The other thing is wash/treat your face just like your clothes. You wouldn't wash a wool sweater the same way you would an old sweatshirt. Well, I've got my face seperated in sections. I don't put a mask on my cheeks, but i do put it on my forehead and chin. I put just a dab of Azelex on my cheeks cause they're clear, a little more on my chin, and a little more than that on my forehead, but that's just me. Just put faith in yourself. Your derm is only there to help you. Most of all...it's patience. Sux doesn't it??? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 06-18-2003, 12:03 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
test

Old 06-18-2003, 12:14 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Hi M & everyone here,

I think the derm's recommendation for you sound fine on holding off on the Plexion. My derm started very slowly in January...I was mad at here for it, but now appreciate her strategy.

I did use the Neutrogena foaming cleanser for a while and thought it was nice. How do you compare the Neostrata one to it? Which Neostrata one? Isn't it pricey?

Yes, I am still using Plexion in the morning and applying Azelex :love: 2 times a day. No break outs, no new cyts, no dryness. Minor stinging, a little itchy, not bothered at all. Loving what I am seeing.

My only complaint is some daily shine. Still using the MK moisturizer that is supposed to control oil, but I am still shiny.....I have to deal with that.

Now that summer is here, I hope to cleanse, azelex, and apply Neutrogena DryTouch Sunscreen and maybe some bronzing beads for some color,mascara, and lips, and out the door.

M, wish you luck, sweets!

Old 06-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hi girls,
thanks for the advice. I know my derm. isn't with me everyday (it feels like it though). I am in his office every 2 weeks because of everything that has happened to me....anyway, i skipped the moisturizer today because i didn't feel i needed it, and what do you know, i have only blotted 2 times so far (not the usual 50 by now) and deedee, i asked the derm. about the drytouch neutrogena (because i thought it would be better that applying a moisturizer) and he said that it was a fine product but i should hold off introducing too many new things to my face all at once. I guess he is right about too many things, so i will forgoe it for now but give it a try and let me know how it works for you....i would love to try it in the future (when i am not so much a mess)...and as far as the neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser, why did you stop using it? i like it, but think it might be a bit drying (not sure with just stopping the tazorac, i am going to wait a bit to see if it was really the taz. or if the neutrogena was a little drying too) THe neostrata is very gentle, soap free, hypoallergenic and has pha (polyhydroxy acid) so it claims to exfoliate mildly and it is kind of creamy (not real lathery) so i use it in the morning (who knows maybe i will start using it at night) but it is a bit pricey, but i don't care right now...i would rather have the right product, even if it is more expensive, than one that is wrong but cheaper (my skin needs all the help it can get). and i talked to neostrata lady today and she has her son use this cleanser for his acne and her husband uses the other cleanser (the antibacterial one) but since i am on topicals i don't want to dry out any more with the anti-bac one so i will stick to the more moisturizing one (the regular one)...sorry, now that i am writing this I sound very confused by my own words...i hope i am not confusing you too much. I do like the cleanser and i think it is great for the morning because it saves me from not needing the moisturizer (that's one less thing i have to put on my face) and at night i like to use the neutrogena foaming cleanser to make sure everything is all off my face.
thanks girls,
keep me posted and i will do the same
-M

Old 06-19-2003, 07:34 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
Wow M-

Interesting. You stop the moisturizer, and less oil during the day. Ok, move that product to the back shelf for now. I agree with the derm to use moisturers on an as needed basis. Your less oily skin is proof of that.

I don't think the Neutrogena cleanser was bad. I don't really know why I stopped it....I think I just found something better that I liked. Put it this way....I was not in love with it, and truly have NEVER loved ANY of their stuff. Just a personal opinion. I think I just found other gentle non-soap cleansers that I liked better. My skin was in a little worse shape then and I was switching things around alot. I will say that I like Purpose gentle wash better. Some here find it drying..I love the smell of it and the clean it provides. At present I am using Plexion in the morning and this MK deep cleanser at night(or the Purpose) and nothing drastic(no breakouts) are happening. Just a great condition my skin is in. Maybe my regimen is finally kicking in or it's this miracle Finacea. I don't know, I don't care, but it's working!

It sounds like you like your Neostrata & the Neutrogena equally. When I first popped in at this board I was obsessed with cleansers thinking thats the starting point to correct our acne. Although it is a very important first step, I have come to realize that finding a cleanser that you like and that "works" for you is merely a personal preference. Finding something that is gentle, effective and soap free is the way to go, whatever someone decides to choose. Well, I'm sorry to bore you all, I'll end this one and wish you all, including M, the best!

Closed Thread