It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 05:48 AM   #1

dbarker348 HB User
Post Can anyone help with ym REALLY sensitive/red skin?

Hey there,

Haven't posted in a while so I thought I would to hopefully try and find a bit of a solution to my problem.
My acne is still really nasty and frustrating but I was wondering if anyone knew how to get rid of some of the redness from my face. I don't mean the red marks from previous zits (although that would be wonderful!), I mean just the redness in general. My skin is so oily but it is always red. My nose is like it is sunburnt 24/7 and I just can't seem to do anything to make it better! I'm guessing using BP throughout the years haven't helped (and it didn't make a difference to my skin from what I could tell).

The one thing that helps is OC8 - yep, it seems to calm my skin down a bit, but I would like to make my skin normal colour!

I see people all the time with amazing colour in their skin - all the same tone with a glow, no scars etc. and I'm like "OMG Why can't I have that?!!". I can't imagine my skin without zits/redness

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Dave

P.S. It helps SLIGHTLY if I put lots of cold water on my face after I've cleansed it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #2

littleblondie2202 HB User
Im sorry to hear about your problem -
I also have very sensitive skin which gets extremly red, but in blotches around my acne.
Are you using BP on your face currently? - that always irritates me.
What products are you using on your face?
If you are using medication, i would lay off it for a while.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 02:52 PM   #3

Pandabaire3 HB User
I was on various oral meds for a decade - nothing really worked well until I went on Niafol tablets...ask your doctor about this vitamin by prescription (also known as Nicatinamide).

It's a B vitamin/zinc/folic acid suppliment and it calmed the redness/soreness in my face, shrank my pores, and the cystic acne went away.

I use these vitamins, Differin gel and Benzyclin gel at night and never pick at my face. I have "normal" skin for the first time in my life since I was in my teens (and I'm 33). I also use Vita K solution as a moisturizer and this helps with redness/soreness and seems to clear up old red spots. Good luck!

Oh, also try washing your face in COLD water ONLY with Cetaphil bar soap.

[This message has been edited by Pandabaire3 (edited 08-17-2003).]

Closed Thread