It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

SouthernTemptress HB User
Post NEOSPORIN over big BUMP??

Last night I had a big bumpy pimple. You know the ones you try to pop but can't. The ones that hurt and usually stick around for quite a while. Well, I tried my hardest to pop it and finally got a little out of it. But it just blew up to a bigger size, looked so swollen, looked so bad and looked like it would take many days to go away. And because of all the pressure I put on it, it would scar the hell out of me. Cause now it's all brown and red. Anyways, to help heal the ever so dreadful scar, I rubbed some grapeseed/cocoa butter cream on it. Then I layered neosporin over that. I knew because of all the oils and moisturizing stuff the pimple would probably get a lot worse. But I didn't care right now, as long as it doesn't leave as bad of a scar. Anyways, to my surprise, the next day the pimple was all the way down to nothin with like only a tiny tiny bump. Now did the neosporin help bring down the pimple? Or the grapeseed/cocoa butter cream? Or was it just pure luck???
I have no idea. What are your thoughtS?

Oh, another thing I have been doing for the past 3-4 days is putting lemon juice on my face for about 20 minutes. I stung a little the first day and now it just doesn't sting at all when I put it on. I notice my skin smoother but no real changes pimplewise yet. I can't tell cause when I pop stuff on my forehead it'll look bad for several days. I plan on doing this lemon thing for some weeks and see how it goes. I had some sort of a reaction from something about 8 days ago and had little bumps ALL over my face for so many days. It was awful. As soon as I started doing the lemon thing, it was like most of all of the bumps were gone the next day. The day after that, everything was gone.

[This message has been edited by SouthernTemptress (edited 08-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
I use Neutrogena On The Spot (I think it's 2/5% BP). That always helps those under the skin cyst like pimples. As soon as I see it coming I use the BP and continue until it's gone it usually disappears w/in 3 days. And it does not get worse.

I started using the Lemon Juice here and there too but haven't seen much improvement. Please let me know how it works for you.

I had a bad breakout of little bumps (which were tiny tiny whiteheads) all over my forehead and sides of my face it took months for me to clear them up ... I am currently using a salicyclic acid face wash. Which helps keep things under control. I still suffer from some under the skin white heads on the sides of my face. My forehead is a whole nother story. It has broke out real bad lately. I don't know what is going on. My derm. said to wash w/ Ivory soap to dry them out and so far it's working well. I was so bothered by this outbreak that I actually cut bangs into my hair again. I am not happy that it bothers me that much but it's hard to be happy & feel confident when you have bad breakouts.

I wish you luck w/ your battle and keep me informed on your progress.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:31 AM   #3

legalhottie23 HB User
I have actually had that same problem and used the only neosporin and the huge mountain on my face was gone in the morning. I think maybe the neosporin helped with the swelling. I also thought that the neosporin would cause the pimple to get bigger but I would rather have a mountain on my face than a big nasty scar, but my dermotologist told me that there are some oils that do not cause acne, such as vasoline and neosporin. However, you have to be careful with the neosproin because I have come to found that if you do put to much on in the same area, a blackhead will form in the pore.

Closed Thread