It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 11:32 PM   #1

Amaru HB User
Post For everyone that has had microdermabrasion done?

I dont have an acne problem but I want to get either microdermabrasion or light chemical peels done. I have a few areas I would like to improve. I keep reading microdermabrasion is temporary but would I would like to know is say after a series of 4-6 treatments and my skin has improved will it still be look better than it's original condition if I were to not get any more treatments. Does it look exactly like it did before the treatments or is it realistic to get 25-40% permanent improvement.

For example I have had the same whiteheads on my forehead for a long time. I havent gotten any more or any less, so if I got them cleared up with dermabrasion could I expect after the treatments are done it should still be clear permanently. Also the same with hyperpigmentation, does it come back or can I still get some permanent improvement?

[This message has been edited by Amaru (edited 08-15-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 02:07 AM   #2

Amaru HB User
bumper car

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 07:36 PM   #3
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
You probably can't permanently get rid of whiteheads unless you keep doing treatments, but most of the other stuff (ex. hyperpigmentation) should stay somewhat away as long as you don't get anymore damage. I wouldn't recommend microdermabrasion though, it didn't work for me. Maybe it well works for others though? I had IPL laser and it got rid of so much hyperpigmentation. You could try that, but it costs about 3 times what microderm does.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:49 PM   #4

Amaru HB User
How much is it exactly and is it a one time thing or do you need multiple treatments. I have very superficial hyperpigmentation but hopefully it will heal up more, I am using skinceuticals primacy C+E serum on them. I'm looking for a procedure that will clear up my forehead and smooth out my T-zone. Did this laser help other areas than just hyperpigmentation?

Thanks

Old 08-19-2003, 12:38 AM   #5
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Yes it helps sundamage, hyperpigmentation, redness, superficial wrinkles, skin elasticity, blood vessels, and acne scarring. It is not a one time thing, most people do 2 or 3 and it costs about 300-350, but if your problems arent too bad, you might be able to just do it once. There are other lasers out there that may be more suited for your problems, a lot of them are non invasive and about the same cost, you could ask a doctor about them. Also try using retin a or tazorac, those work well and will help the breakout.

Old 08-19-2003, 01:11 AM   #6

juju-bee HB User
Smile

dear lennybee.. did you have laser over your entire face or just a portion? if just a portion, did it leave your skin lighter than the rest?
l2/02:mri central disc protrusion at L2-3 (4mm) & L3-4 (4-5mm) with right paracentral disc prtorusion at L4-5 (5mm) & l5-s1 (4mm) causing mild central canal stenosis, osteoarthrosis is also noted at L-4-5 and L5-S1. There is mild neural foraminal stenosis at these levels.
4/03 diagnosed with fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue;
5/03 c1c2-c3 3mm disc protrusion.
8/03 quit work after 32 years; piddling around the house; love to garden, but kills me for days following

Closed Thread