It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Post Just had IPL/Fotofacial

Hey guys,

I just had the IPL laser this morning to get rid of sundamage, large pores and redness/blood vessels. It's supposed to help acne scarring too. Right now I am a little red and blotchy, but I should see results within days. Normally people do a couple treatments. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Old 08-16-2003, 02:07 PM   #2

Killjoy HB User
Yeah, please keep us posted...I'm interested to know how effective it is - especially for scarring and hyperpigmentation. Thanks and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 05:16 PM   #3

patienceandreward HB User
I'm interested too, since I have facial spider veins. Thanks.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Hey guys here is an update,

Well my skin looks different. Not a crazy difference, but definitely noticeable. My nose hardly has ever had zits, but it was always red and now its almost completely free of redness. My whole face lost its redness and a lot of the marks that were from past breakouts are very light now. It kind of looks like I'm wearing a light coat of foundation. I'm going to get my next treatment in a few weeks and keep going as long as needed.

I do not recommend this for people with a lot of active acne or very deep acne scars. But it is amazing how much more clear your face will look if you have a lot of old red marks and raised blood vessels. I don't look like I have acne! My pores are much smaller. It also dried up the 3 small pimples I had and got rid of some of the darkness from sun damage. Overall I recommend it mostly for those with sundamage and obvious red marks.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:26 PM   #5

Scooterman HB User
AHHHHH!

I am DYING to get this done.

But I am on accutane

And I won't be done for another 2 months.....boohoo.

Do you think I could have it done 6 months afterwards?

Because pretty much all of my complexion problems at this point are easily cleared up by IPL (large pores, red marks, dilated capillaries).

I believe that once I have that done I will be clear from 99% of my problems.

Old 08-18-2003, 06:46 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lisa24 HB User
Linnybee - I have terrible pores I am looking to fix. Please keep me informed of the results of this treatment and how they continue to look over time. I had a peel done for mine and it did nothing, but am on my way to get a 2nd one anyways.
Also, what is this laser like? I tried cool touch, but couldn't go through with it cause it hurt too much! Is the IPL painful?

Old 08-18-2003, 09:04 PM   #7

Dear linnybee428,

Thank you for the update.

Are you prone to hyperpigmentation? I am and I can't undergo most laser treatments.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 PM   #8
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Well I am using Tazorac right now and that makes my skin more sensitive so they turned the machine lower. If you wait 6 months you can probably get it done, but they will want to be very gentle and maybe not give as good results, but you can always do it multiple times and it keeps making things better. I am not prone to hyperpigmentation, but I do have a lot (less now) because of tanning salons in the past. I don't think this laser is good for darker skin- I am white as a ghost, so it worked for me. As for the pain, they covered my face with numbing gel, so I sometimes felt a tiny zap but that was about it. My pores do look smaller, but my face is a little swollen still (especially in one area under my eye which worries me) so I will update you later when I tell better. I am definitely going to get another treatment because I'm happy with the results, but would like to get rid of all the tiny blood vessels in my face. I'll let you guys know how it's going

Old 08-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #9

Dear linnybee428,

Thank you for your response. It is important to me to know that you are very white, for people who are very fair usually are not prone to hyperpigmentation.

Closed Thread