It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 08:49 PM   #1

HollisterChick HB User
Post Soccer

Im going to play soccer at my high school this year and I need some advice. I wear makeup everyday... its very light and it doesnt give me any problems... i really love it! but... i dont know what to do about sweating in games and practice... is that really bad to do? or if i wash right when i get home ok? i love soccer and dont want to give it up cuz of this! any advice? thanks....

Old 08-19-2003, 08:16 AM   #2

pearpen27 HB User
I don't mean to play devil's advocate but I would advise not wearing during exercise. I made this mistake a while ago by running right after work, from my office, and not washing my face before hand. Needless to say I had a terrible breakout--- the worst I have had in five years--- and I am still trying to clean my skin up.

Now before I go to the gym or running I make sure to wash the make up off my face. Honestly, I think that it is imperative that you do so and really during athletics it is kind of a faux pas to wear make up, even if you have blemishes. But in sports like soccer, in which you may be running for a couple of hours, all that sweat will mix with the makeup on your face and will be very hard to get off afterward. It is not worth and also, during a sporting event, people are going to be so wrapped up in the competition that nobody is going to be looking at your face.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 09:38 AM   #3
(male)

FargoUT HB User
I play soccer, and although I'm male, I don't recommend wearing make-up at all when exercising. If sweat is blocked by something, it will result in clogged pores. You need to let the sweat flow freely. I know several people say sweating causes more breakouts, but I have had the opposite reaction. The more I sweat, the fewer breakouts I have. I think because it helps clean out the pores. But that's just my opinion.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:31 AM   #4

whoopie HB User
I wear Eucerin protective moisturizer that has an spf of 25 first thing under makeup every day. It protects and acts as a barrier between your skin and makeup. Then I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation and double matte powder. The foundation is $30 and I cant remember how much I paid for the powder, but goes such a long way, looks natural even when I sweat and swim, and has never broken me out. I would cry if they ever took it off the market. I am from Florida so I am talking some serious sweat.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:43 AM   #5

whoopie HB User
I must add that after strenous exercize when you have sweated alot you must thoroughly wash your face as soon as you get home. If I fail to do so I will begin to slightly break out. I wash with Eucerin pore cleaning face wash and a washcloth. Lightly, yet thoroughly. No matter what I always thoroughly clean my face before going to bed at night. If I fall asleep with makeup on I can be sure to breakout. I wear makeup quite often and as long as I follow these guidelines, I do not break out. I hope some of this information is helpful to you.

Closed Thread