It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2003, 12:53 AM   #1

KJdancer HB User
Post cyst coming to a head??

does this happen? i have had what i believe to be a cyst for like 3 weeks (on my cheek).. well recently another similar sort of thing popped up right next door, so close that it makes a long oval... anyway this one seems to be about to come to a head. is this a cyst? is it possible for it to be 'connected' to the other one?

i am TOO OLD FOR THIS!!!!!!! i'm sick of having acne.
kj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #2

MysteryGrl HB User
It's happened to me. I had a cyst on my cheek for 3 weeks and then it discharged. It didn't all come out though so I had to get the rest injected with cortisone.

------------------
Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #3

KJdancer HB User
what is the purpose of getting an injection? actually i think i know the answer.. maybe i should ask what happens if you don't get an injection??

also, is this something only a derm would do, or do you think my family dr. could? it takes FOREVER to get a derm appointment around here.

Old 07-07-2003, 08:22 AM   #4

MysteryGrl HB User
I get the injections because the cyst never comes to a head and I just don't want it hanging out on my face for the world to see. It just kills the bacteria that's deep down in the pore that no topical could get to. It's nice to know that within a day, the thing is gone.

I'm not sure if physicians do this, and I've been told a lot of derms don't either. Your best bet would be to call around and see if any do perform this procedure.

------------------
Lori

Old 07-07-2003, 08:23 AM   #5

MysteryGrl HB User
I get the injections because the cyst never comes to a head and I just don't want it hanging out on my face for the world to see. It just kills the bacteria that's deep down in the pore that no topical could get to. It's nice to know that within a day, the thing is gone.

I'm not sure if physicians do this, and I've been told a lot of derms don't either. Your best bet would be to call around and see if any do perform this procedure.

------------------
Lori

Old 07-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #6

ClioVetro HB User
try some epsum salt diluted in water...it really dries em out

Old 07-07-2003, 11:21 PM   #7

KJdancer HB User
MysteryGrl-
any idea how much an injection might cost?
kj

Old 07-08-2003, 07:20 AM   #8

MysteryGrl HB User
My insurance doesn't cover dermatology but I got referrals from my gp so I only pay a $5.00 office visit. I would assume that if your insurance does cover dermatology, you only pay your co-pay but if it doesn't cover, definitely get a referral.

------------------
Lori

Old 08-18-2003, 10:24 PM   #9

blisssie HB User
yah i got my cyst to come to a head with head compress and got a buncha crap out.. now its much smaller but still got that cysty texture to it so there's gotta be one of those hard white things (fvckin' gross) still in there.. dunno whether to dry it out or go with hydrocortisone.. guess i should bust out the heat compress again

Old 08-19-2003, 02:19 PM   #10

blisssie HB User
good idea.. bad idea...?

Closed Thread