It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
(male)

passinby HB User
Unhappy scars...PLEASE PLEASE HELP

PLEASE READ.. I KNOW ITS ALOT BUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT

ok so im 19 years old and ive NEVER.. EVER had acne problems until mid 17s.
my life was awsome, had countless amount of friends, good grades, gf, i played every sport in school, did boxing, MMA,etc. i would get a zit here and there which went away within days.. but one day i woke up with a couple on my chin and again i didnt think much of it. well the problem began to get worse... MUCH MUCH worse. within a week i had them all over my neck and chin.. i tried proactive but just made me break out more on my cheeks.. before i knew it i had them everywhere from my neck up to my nose..
i stopped trainin for every sport, i didnt wanna be seen in public and though my gf supported me i broke up with her .. i became VERY intimidated by the public including my best friends and family.
i went to a dermathologist and i was prescribed medication (forgot the name). my acne went away and left me some red spots which were starting to go away too. then i bought murad to help with my scars but it made me break out again.. MUCH WORSE than the first time .. i didnt wanna go to my prom but my friends begged me since it was my last highschool year..
(this all happened within the last year)..
i just got off accutane and for those who SUFFER FROM ACNE i STRONGLY RECOMMEND it.. it got rid of my acne COMPLETELY and dont break out anymore.. at all
the problem is that im left with huge red spots all over my neck, chin, and cheeks.. theres NO WAY i can cover them up, i EVEN tried using my moms cover up once to see if it made a difference.. but nothing. ive had these scars for about 3 months now and i was told that it would heal on its own since im still young, but now i have holes on my face!!!!!!!!! though my skin clear and soft it looks horrible, as if i still had acne..i tried gettin laser surgery but i have to wait 6 months after takin accutane (5 more to go).
IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET RID OF THESE HOLES AND SPOTS!!!!!> PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT.. i still have problems going out in public, i just wanna go back to how it used to be, or at least reduce the problem. im really afraid of trying products since it made me break out all over again before.. but im desperate and still have SOME hope left

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

barbara25 HB User
Re: scars...PLEASE PLEASE HELP

I know the horrible embarrassment of acne and scarring all too well. I was your age in the late 70's and had dermabrsion. It helped the depth of the pits quite a bit. Today, microdermabrasion is much less invasive, and does help smooth your skin. Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-16-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: please delete the big quotes

Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
(female)

LitS917 HB User

hey-

i feel your pain b/c im going through the same thing! i hate going out in public and i feel so embarassed about my skin i always wear my hair down and wear those huge sunglasses when i go outside, even if its cloudy!! lol

but here's some suggestions that may help:

-skinceuticals acne kit (amazing stuff!) i get smoothbeam laser done every month and my dr. finally convinced me to try this kit. its about $130 w/ shipping and im happy i tried this stuff.. it leaves my skin smooth and clean but i still have the red marks...

-try washing with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice (comes in the plastic bottle) when your in the shower... this might help even out your skin tone... it did for me somewhat... these are also natural ingredients so it might help without breaking you out even more.

-i see you live in california, do you go out to the beach and swim / lay out in the sun? i live in nj, and every summer when i go to the beach and swim, the saltwater seems to really help my skin and fade the redmarks a little bit... but of course, dont forget to put on some sunscreen!

thats all i can think of off the top of my head... good luck! keep us updated if anything works

Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #4
(male)

xTobi HB User

I'm trying laser surgery to get rid of scars. But they only work on recent scars.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:06 PM   #5
(female)

amethystle HB User

Try mama lotion. It helps both red marks and pitted scars - just follow the directions exactly until you know how your skin does with it, then you can try using it with a little more frequency if it does well. It also prevents future breakouts for me.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:52 PM   #6
(male)

Axif HB User

hey bro,
U hav the same prb that I had last month.. but I got cured now.. em talking about that red spots on your face..
Its baking soda that can these red spots vanished.. I dont knw about lemon but my experience is frm baking soda.. just take an amount of baking soda and add a lil water in it.. after washing ur face add this paste on your skin and rub is on that red marks slowly u may feel a bit burning/itch but keep rubing these marks lightly and than wash it..
keep doing it for few days and than use the baking soda paste on ur face and keep it on ur face until it gets dry and after it gets dry wash it.. do this phase now for few days and I bet within 2 weeks u'll get rid of red marks problem..
Note: thr is no specific timmings for doing this.. u can do it when eva u want.. morning or nite wht eva..

Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
(male)

passinby HB User

thanks everyone for all your tips.. unfortunately i havent had time to check my computer for a while..
but anyways it feels good to know that theres people that actually care and know what im going through. i really appreciate it

quick question.. how much lemon juice and bakin soda? i heard both of them worked but its the first time i hear of using them together.. will that make me break out?

and by the way my face is STILL red.. it has reduced somewhat but i havent tried anything but the same neutrogena cleanser which has kept me acne free..
i will give that baking soda thing a try.. THANKS

Closed Thread