It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #1
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
Post 10% glycolic acid lotion too much????

I was told that this would be great to clear up my flare-ups.. I have used it for almost 5 days (skip 2 days).. and it did kinda work.. but lately, it has been burning my skin. Should i reduce it to 5%, or use it every other day, or none whatsoever?

Thanks.. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 09:53 PM   #2
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
can someone please tell me... at least ur opinion, cuz last week i was doing ok, i didnt break out.. and lately today.. oh my god, im breaking out like crazy!!! and its gonna leave scars ya know.

im tryin to think that maybe its a flare-up from something...

but i dont know..

is the glycolic suppose to give u an initial breakout??

im going crazy!!! i got to work tomorro and its staff meeting.. and all they do is stare at me! geez

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 08:16 AM   #3
Veteran

laur HB User
Glycolic acid will cause an initial type breakout because it exfoliates the top layer of skin bringing out what's underneath. Hopefully it will bring it out for you and then keep the pores from blocking again. 10% will work faster than the typical over the counter stuff. I have used the cleanser for 5 years. Doesn't bring up as much as the lotion would though because the cleanser isn't left on the skin like the lotion. As long as there aren't any other comedogenic ingredients I assume this is the glycolic acid working. Until you get used to it, you could try cutting back to every other day...once per day only. It is an acid so burning and redness can be possible. Usually your skin gets used to it and then it can be increased. The md forte products have a BUFFERED glycolic acid to reduce irritation and non comedogenic ingredients. They have a website and are sold through dermatologists and skin care places. I myself may start to use the lotion . I have some that have been under there for 8 months and my skin was sooo dry and irritated that they COULDN'T come up.

Hope this helps

L

Old 08-20-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Thank you Laur..

I hope i see results soon.. its been a week since I started using it.. at first i wasnt breaking out and all of a sudden i started this flare-up..

I'll keep usin it until the breakouts subside and then reduce it to every other day.

thanks!

Closed Thread