It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #1

Product_Queen HB User
Lightbulb Tips And Techniques

Hi Again,

Just to give everyone a bit more info...I am a makeup-artist by profession so I know for a fact there are many skin conditions out there that exist but despite all the imperfections out there people can still have that flawless look they desire....My job is to conceal those imperfections....In future posts I will share some camouflage techniques I have learnt over the years...Hope my knowledge can make a difference in the lives of others....

Old 08-19-2003, 12:21 PM   #2

dbarker348 HB User
Hey! That sounds really good! I'm a male though so I probably won't be able to use the tips (unless you have tips for men too!)... but I think it's a great idea and it will really help people.

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 12:39 PM   #3

Product_Queen HB User
Smile

Thanks for your kind words...Although some men don't feel very comfortable wearing full coverage makeup some do find it beneficial to wear a translucent powder (honestly you can't tell their wearing it because their is no color deposited)...The benefits of a translucent powder over a pressed or loose powder is that it will help absorb oiliness and shine throughout the day..The consistency of a pressed or loose powder will deposit more product rather than a translucent powder and mixed with the oils on the surface cause your pores to become clogged and therefore lead to more breakouts...I will be posting some product reviews for both men and women so hope that helps....What is your current skin care regime???

Old 08-20-2003, 02:33 AM   #4

dbarker348 HB User
Hey,
I've bought some products from Menaji before but they never seem to look right. I got some oil-control powder which has a colour, and I got two concealer sticks (light and medium colour). They just always either seem to go to 'bunched up' as if I'm putting it on very dry skin, or the colour doesn't match my skin.

I use OC8 at the moment, and that always seems to calm my redness etc. It goes on as a white liquid but I think when it dries, a slightly bit of powder is left - which could be what is reducing the redness?

At the moment, I:
* wash with Phytomer Homme GlabalPur in the morning
* steam my face with water and tea tree oil for 10 minutes before I go to bed
* wash my face with Austalian Bodycare Tea Tree wash.

If I'm going out, I will put OC8 after I've cleansed.

Thanks!
Dave

Old 08-20-2003, 08:59 AM   #5

Product_Queen HB User
Hey Dave,

Well the only translucent powder I find works for me is the one made by M.A.C. called "Blot Powder" you can get it in a bunch of shades...I find you can't tell I am wearing it but my face stays pretty matte all day....Also, it terms of concealer I used to get the same cakey look and in order to minimize that effect I mix my concealer with a bit of moiturizer to thin the consistency out and I make sure I moisturize my face and especially the spots I want to conceal.....I find the concealer stick made by Vichy called Normaderm Stick Express works well for most ppl especially due to the fact that it has a pointed tip allowing for precision application but in order to get an exact color match for larger areas that need concealing I suggest you try the ones made by M.A.C as they can get you an exact color match and the product stays put all day...If your spots are dry try the liquid concealer as they don't go on as thick as their cream concealers...They can even give you a sample if you are not sure to try at home....Also, what exactly is OC8?? Is it some sort of antibiotic??? I have tried the tea tree products and had to get off of them as I developed a lot of sensitivity....Best topical I have tried is Clindoxyl Gel along with Vitamin A (almost 100% clearance!!!)...My preferred face wash is Spectro Gel and Complex 15 as a moisturizer...Thats what I have in my makeup kits as well as most ppl love these products!!....I have learned over the years that the less you use the better...But this skin care regime has really made a huge difference in my life....Could you tell me more about the white liquid that reduces redness???...Thanks...

Old 08-20-2003, 09:56 AM   #6

dbarker348 HB User
Hey,
OC8 is an over the counter cream that is designed to reduce the appearance of oil (the best thing I've found and I have VERY oily skin). It's a white liquid which dries quickly after you've put it on. I don't think it's designed to reduce redness but it helps.

The name comes from 'Oil Control' for 8 hours. It also seems to smooth my skin out slightly. It slightly reduces the redness of the red marks from previous zits (which I have loads at the moment after a breakout... perhaps from B5), but I think it gets the general redness (from sensitive skin) reduced more.

Dave

Closed Thread