It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User
Treatments for red mark from a pimple

I have a red mark left over from a pimple on my cheek. It's been there for more than a month already and it seems to be getting worse the more I leave it untreated. What kind of treatments can I do to it to make it go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User
Re: Treatments for red mark from a pimple

Hi Junior

Red marks take a LONG time to fade...Usually 6 months. Maybe more. To speed it up, apply something with glycolic acid or something with Vitamin C. Also exfoliating with an exfoliating wash or something would speeed up the process

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Junior77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahuja12;3315***
Hi Junior

Red marks take a LONG time to fade...Usually 6 months. Maybe more. To speed it up, apply something with glycolic acid or something with Vitamin C. Also exfoliating with an exfoliating wash or something would speeed up the process
Ok thanks. What about neutrogena acne mark fading peel or whatever that's called?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:26 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Sahuja12 HB User

I tried it once. It turned my face REALLY red an sort of dull for like a week and then it brightened up the next week. Just use exfoliating scrubs and anything with glycolic.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
(female)

shananana HB User

Try putting lemon juice on your face once a day. This makes my red marks fade SOOOO much faster than anything else I have tried. But a warning, right after you put it on, it may itch and burn until it dries, but it only lasts a minute or so....just be strong and don't touch it until it dries, and just keep thinking that a little discomfort is worth your skin looking better!

Old 12-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
(male)

Enj HB User

i've have had and still have loads of red marks/scars on my cheeks for about a year now. the last 3 weeks or so i've been using lemon juice. it does seem to be working, so i would definately recommend trying it.

as well as that, i use a neutrogena face wash with salycylic acid and a garnier moisturiser with glycolic acid in it too.

Last edited by Enj; 12-04-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User

Coconut oil

Last edited by BluEyez1031; 12-04-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #8
(female)

MusicElle HB User

what I've been using form my redmarks is glycolic acid toner in the morning and retin-A at night. I just got back on a birth contol pill that is clearing me (Yasmin), but I have all the red marks from the break out that the other pill I was on caused(Seasonalle), so I have found that in just one month most of the red marks are gone and the really bad one that were from cysts are very much improved. It is strange that glycolic acid and retin-a has never been able to prevent break outs for me, but it does a wonderfull job fading the redmarks.

(warning: using both of these product will cause uncomfortably dry skin so if you decide to try it make sure you use a gentle mosturizing cleanser and a moisturizer as well, I like the Dove Deep Moisture Cleanser and moisturizer as they do not leave a residue, Cetiphil is good too but I find it leaves my skin feeling greasy)

Old 12-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle was real good fading my red marks. Home made apple cider vinegar toner also helps.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
(female)

Andreanicole86 HB User

The best thing I've discovered is potatoes. All you do is cut up a wet potato and rub it on ur mark once or twice for about 1 to 2 min each and you'll see results right away! I tried it on a large red acne mark and it disappeared within a couple minutes. Good luck!

Closed Thread