It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #1

CottonCandy HB User
Post Juice Fast

Hello all! Today is day one of my seven day juice fast (I may make it longer or shorter depending on how I feel, but my goal is 7 days). Yesterday all I ate was raw foods (raw cashews, veggies, and fruits) to prepare myself for the fast. So far everything seems to be ok...I have been hungry pretty much the whole day but I think my body is just getting used to switching from solids to liquids. Here is what I have had so far:
12:15 PM 10 oz consisting of 2 carrots, 1 apple, 2 celery stalks, and a handful of spinach

5:15 15 oz consisting of 1 grapefruit, 1 lemon, bowl of black grapes

I have also been drinking water (I hear steam distilled is the best so i just picked some up)

I am doing this fast for skin, but not only for that. It's supposed to clean out your system. I eat organic foods and don't eat dairy (besides goat cheese), refined sugar, or trans fats but I'm sure my body still needs cleansing. I hear the third day is the worst. I'll keep you all updated. I just wanted to share with you all what I'm doing...for support and just to tell you because you guys are my friends Has anyone else done anything like this? I know someone here has done a fast and cleared up but then started to break out when he/she started eating again ...the name is something like Knut or knun (sorry can't remember exactly)but I haven't heard of anyone doing a juice fast. I also bought some organic sea salts to bathe in everynight cause they draw out toxins. Well thanks for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 02:13 AM   #2
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
Juice fasts are excellent for detox, but are HORRIBLE for the skin (especially fruit juices) if you do it intensely like you're suggesting.

The reason is because it detoxes your body so intensely that your body is forced to excrete junk via the SECONDARY means of toxin excretion, which is the skin. In other words, MAJOR BREAKOUT TIME!!! In fact, it does it's job so well it causes a breakout ironically. If you are desperate to detox your body in 3 weeks flat, no probs, just don't blame me if you get a horrible breakout. This is what I did 3 years ago and I had one of the worst breakouts ever.

As a nutritional guy said from another site: "Your acne may have very well gotten worse, as you started to detox all the crap you've been eating. I'll bet in that time you ate a lot of NON-CITRUS fruit, or even worse fruit juices, which will make it worse initially. A lot of acne books will say go on a "fruit juice fast". HELL NO. You can get better results slowly ridding your body of mucus than quickly, where it starts coming out of your skin. I found even that eating pickles with vinegar killed my face as well. The only thing you should be drinking on this plan is water."

I have read this point sooooo many times through all the juicing books I have read over the years.

Cheers,
The Accutane Avenger

[This message has been edited by AccutaneAvenger (edited 08-11-2003).]
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 08-11-2003, 08:42 AM   #3

knut HB User
Hi cotton Candy,

I did the week fast; but I did it only drinking lemonade (lemon juice; maple syrup, red pepper).

If I was to do it again, (which I plan on), I would supplement with juicing.

Everyone is different. I am still searching for the underlying reason why I break out. Yes, I cleared up completely within a week, but then started eating again and broke out pretty bad; leading me to believe that it's the correlation between dairy, wheat/bread/and natural sugars that are in my diet (I honestly eat pretty healthy (fruits/veggies/juices/no refined sugars etc)).

I was very discouraged when I broke out again. I saw a doctor about it and basically just got a "I don't know what you're problem is; here's an RX for Accutane if you want it". I didn't take it. I know have an appointment with a D.O. (instead of a M.D.). These doctors are supposedly more into treating the body, not just pushing pills like all the ones that I've been to. I'm thinking that my problem is a not only the food connection, but possibly the thyroid factor. Even though my thyroid tests are within the normal limits; I've read that many people aren't able to utilize that normal level, and it leads to problems. I have other typical symptoms of low thyroid also, not just acne.

Anyway, I think that I've gotten off topic,...., sorry.

I say good luck with the fasting but I would encourage you to do more VEGETABLE juicing (if nothing else, carrot and apple and a green).

Best of luck to you, and I hope you keep us posted.

Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM   #4

CottonCandy HB User
Hey thanks for responding. I am not drinking too many fruit juices. I am including fruit..apples, pears, grapes, lemons, and grapefruits but I am drinking more greens. Today is day two and I'm feeling alright. Today I got a massage and it was wonderful. I hear days three and four are where u really start to detox, so if I don't start breaking out then, I doubt I will. Its not like my body is totally full of toxins...I don't eat red meat, dairy, trans fats, refined sugar, or processed foods. So far I'm not breaking out. I hear u need something to clean out your colon when on a fast, but I'm not up for colonics or enemas, so I'm going to buy some psyllium husk powder later on. Anyways..thanks for responding! I will keep u updated.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:55 PM   #5

Auberdine HB User
Where can you get that (husk) and how do you do it? I've been thinking about vegetable fasting and I also want to do a colon cleanse along with it. Thanks!

Old 08-12-2003, 06:44 AM   #6

knut HB User
YOu're already way ahead of the game with your diet, the fast should be easier for you than people that aren't.

I heard that day 4 was bad; but honestly my worse days were 6 and 7, which was the Saturday and Sunday when I had errands, etc to do and wasn't busy with work all day. Going into the city and seeing people eating/drinking; smelling breads and cookies baking; etc. That made it hard.

Anyway, you should try and do at least one psyllium and bentonite shake a day. The psyllium is just like a grainy powder or whatever, the bentonite is a white thick liquid. You can get both of them from a store like GNC, or any real health store. They aren't expensive. Juice an apple or two and add a tablespoon of both to the juice. You might want to add water to thin it out and drink it as fast as possible as it thickens up pretty quick.

Honestly, I didn't feel like the P&B shakes did all too much to make me go to the bathroom. You might want to try doing the epsom salt drink. Just be careful; if you are to try it, just do a little bit and mix it in grapefruit and/or apple juice. Do it when you'll be at home for a while so you can test the results; or else you could be sorry if you were out and not able to get to your own private bathroom. (I did some intense drinks of this while doing a liver cleanse; I drank more of the mixture than you would want to just supplementing a fast but I can tell you that if you have enough of it......that when you gotta go; you gotta go!

Anyway, good luck.

Old 08-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #7

knut HB User
CottonCandy,

did you stick with the fast?

Closed Thread