It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 12:01 AM   #1

fightinghypo HB User
Post Anybody for blackheads/whiteheads on NOSE

Anybody have any success with any product on the stubborn pores of the nose?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 07:51 AM   #2

Cynister905 HB User
Unfortunatly not by my experience, I've had them on my nose for over 10 years now I remember when the pore strips came out I was a lil excited, and quite impressed with how much gunk they pulled out, but of course your nose goes back to the way it was after a day or so anyway and those things make your pores look HUGE even if it does make blackheads less visible.

I wish I knew what worked...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 12:37 AM   #3

Freakonaleash HB User
DUDE I totally know what you mean.. little tiny black spots on your nose are very frustrating and disgusting but I have found something that works at leats a little and if u use it enough, it just might work! I have one of those misting face thingy's and its cool, you pour some water on the bottom, and it turns that wate rinto steam, you put your face over it and it cleans your pores out. I usually do it for about 15 minutes, it works!

Old 08-22-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
fightinghypo

I haven't had any success with the blackheads on my nose. The best thing FOR ME is to steam and squeeze them out ... I know the cardinal rule for acne sufferers is NOT to squeeze but that seems to be the only choice I have. I use a tissue and gently clean out the pores. Facials also work wonders ... after a facial you can't see even one little black dot on my nose.

Old 08-23-2003, 07:41 AM   #5

PurpleBetta HB User
Well, the only thing that works for me is: first, apply a hot (but not too hot) compress to soften the pores. With a tissue around your two fingers, gently squeeze. If the oil plug isn't released, stop squeezing. DO NOT squeeze too hard, or you'll get a scar. Once a week, it's a good idea to steam your face to soften the oils clogging your pores and cleanse skin using a mask. Whiteheads I've heard are more stubborn, so you have to talk to your derm about them.

Old 08-23-2003, 02:29 PM   #6

Sivonne HB User
Blackheads seem to be a permanent fixture on my nose, cheeks, chin & forehead. Squeezing is the only way I have of successfully removing them. They are very stubborn! But then they just come right back within a day or two. I wash my face daily but can't seem to get rid of the blasted things!

[This message has been edited by Sivonne (edited 08-23-2003).]

Closed Thread