It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #1

elizabeth3388 HB User
Question Peanut Butter For Acne?

hey everyone! Quick question:

I've heard peanut butter is used to prevent acne. Is this true and how would I go about trying it?

------------------
~*~EliZaBetH~*~

Old 08-28-2003, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

Ballahboy HB User
there was a thread about this a couple of days ago but i dunno where it went...some sed the derm told them to do it and it work well for them...im not sure tho

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2003, 11:26 PM   #3

roza HB User
elizabeth,

whatever you do about your acne, whatever kind of medications you use, please DO NOT use peanut butter. Like the above poster said, there was a thread about it some days ago but it probably got deleted or something. Anyways, if you ask me, someone was just fooling around with us. I'd really advise you to NOT USE peanut butter. Just imagine what could happen if you smear panut butter on your face and leave it over night! I don't even want to think about the consequences.

Old 08-29-2003, 06:48 AM   #4

pearpen27 HB User
Be careful doing all of these kind of masks. Even if you don't leave them on your face over night they will eventually clog your pores and become difficult to remove, causing zits.

Remember, egg yolk can take the paint off of a car. You don't want to put that on your face too often. Egg yolk is also used by artists to help their paint stick to the palet. It is tough stuff, and honestly I think it is an urban legend that it is good for your face. Eggs have a lot of Vitamin A and that is why people think it may be good for the skin.

But the story that circulated on the Internet for a while was about this woman who was in an airport and she had zits and red marks and supposedly an older Asian lady came up to her and took her aside and told her to wash her face with egg yolk and the zits and redmarks would go away and she would have clear skin forever...

I would advice not doing this... you are setting yourself up for disaster. Unfortunately I have never heard of the PB think but it seems too thick and oily for the face...

Old 08-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #5

pearpen27 HB User
Actually, I think that story about the egg yolk originally began as a letter to Dear Abby:

Dear Abby,

I have a wonderful story to tell you and hope you will share it with your readers...

I was in a airport and had terrible skin....

Old 08-29-2003, 10:55 AM   #6

knut HB User
there is an old thread on here about using the egg yolk. I believe that people did it and yeah, for a few weeks or something, it worked great and everything was fine and good but then all hell broke loose and everyone's face started breaking out. I don't remember any details, as I just skimmed through the post.

And no, I really can't see any reason at all why peanut butter would do anything more than make your acne worse. Just my opinion

Old 11-11-2003, 08:26 PM   #7

pvshyboy7 HB User
peanut butter does not make your face worse because its oily or whatsoever. it makes it worse because it will irritate your skin. your skin would burn crazy.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:46 AM   #8

uniquejp HB User
Lightbulb

Oatmeal As for measles and other skin irritations, people have used oatmeal to conquer acne. Apply some cooled, cooked oatmeal to the whole face for fifteen minutes, then wash off. Oatmeal is an astringent and seems to draw oil and impurities out of the skin, keeping it clean and blemish-free. This method may take a week or two, but should have good results.

Does this really work?

Closed Thread